Remington 700 X mark pro trigger adjustment

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Permanent37

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just watched Remington's video on how to adjust my x mark pro trigger on my 700 AAC. This gun has been sent in for warranty repair so it was good to go before i started messing with it. the video says one full counter clockwise turn will reduce the pull by 1lb. Only problem is that if you turn it enough to make a noticeable difference it protrudes out and hits your finger. So, i just took it out completely. Gun now pulls at just over 2lbs and appears to be safe. Can anyone tell me if they have done this? or any reason why it would be a bad idea?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqgniGhSAc0

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As long as it dosent fire when cocking and closing the bolt it's probably okay. I'd be worried about the increased chance of getting gunk inside the trigger. It's a remington trigger. I'd spend the 100ish bucks on a timney myself and be sure it was fine and have a way better trigger to boot. It's you your safety and money though so if your happy with it rock on. Only reason I see it being a bad idea is it's a factory rem xmark trigger.

Sent from NSA wire tapped device.

Permanent37

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As long as it dosent fire when cocking and closing the bolt it's probably okay. I'd be worried about the increased chance of getting gunk inside the trigger. It's a remington trigger. I'd spend the 100ish bucks on a timney myself and be sure it was fine and have a way better trigger to boot. It's you your safety and money though so if your happy with it rock on. Only reason I see it being a bad idea is it's a factory rem xmark trigger.

Have you used the Timney? I have not heard good things about it from people that switched to them over the x mark pro.

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes I have about a dozen of them in various rifles. There's no comparison to me between a factory rem trigger and a timney. A factory trigger is changed on every rifle I buy. There's a reason a timney costs a hundred bucks and a rem factory can't hardly be given away. Ymmv.

Larry Morgan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
IIRC, since they exposed the adjustment to the user, the manual specifically says it's designed in such a way that you can't get it to a low enough value to be "unsafe". I took mine all the way out, too. I can't imagine ever putting the screw back in, haha. In fact I still want to ditch the trigger, but can't justify the cost.

Permanent37

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
IIRC, since they exposed the adjustment to the user, the manual specifically says it's designed in such a way that you can't get it to a low enough value to be "unsafe". I took mine all the way out, too. I can't imagine ever putting the screw back in, haha. In fact I still want to ditch the trigger, but can't justify the cost.

That's what ive heard, that the x mark is good enough that buying the Timney isn't justified. Just concerned with safety. Since my x mark has been sent in for the warranty work and its an improvement over a stock 700 trigger im sure I could get some money out of it if I did buy the Timney. I like the flat triggers better as well.