Ruger 50th Anniv. Design Winner Mods

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wolf44

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
IF anyone has bought or is considering buying one.............check to see if yur magwell is dimensionally correct, i.e. mag drop test.

The magwell tolerances at the bottom of the stock are pretty tight, thus you may need to use a wide/flat 1" file and remove some material from both sides to get proper/easier mag release.

The joys of synthetics.

Glock your Stock

:50cal:

gfercaks33

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would rather accept to tighet of tolerances in the magwell of a stock feather then lack of quality control in the chamber as we see with some manufactures. Like wolf said a 1" file will fix it or in the case of my synthetic 10/22 stock I just pulled the mag out about 15-20 times and it was a noticable differance.

Raoul Duke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Somewhere in the stillborn state of Sequoyah
I wonder if storing the rifle with or without a magazine in it would help/hurt?

I've never really paid attention.

Even though it's polymer, it still must contract and expand some as surrounding atmospheric conditions change one would assume.

May have to experiment with this on some of my polymer stocked 10/22's.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My first one was fine, and mags dropped free no problem... but it had a barrel installed out of square and wouldn't zero, so it got sent back. They sent me a new one, and while it zeroed OK, it does have a very tight mag well. Factory 10 rounders do not drop free, and can be very difficult to remove at all. My Butler Creek 25 rounder doesn't even fit in the mag well. I will definitely have to take the file/sandpaper/dremel to it.

Wolf44

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Jbrent...............just TAKE your time, a little on each side, and continually check the fit........it doesn't take much to make the difference.

Latest posts

Top Bottom