Rand Paul Wins CPAC Straw Poll

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
A good part of them could get the boot at the same time. Problem is they'd likely be replaced with democrats with the way things are going.

They should be replaced but not with the Pelosi crew. Really IDC which party replaces them as long as the get some stuff squared away. I'd love to see Inhofe replaced by a Democrat.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Even better, a Condi/Ben ticket.

Carson is not ready for national office but there is a starting push to get him to run for the senate seat of a retiring dim. If Walker gets his act together I would like to see a Walker/Rice ticket and do not care which has the top spot. If not, then Rice for prez and any ballsy GOP gov for vice.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Carson sucks. His stance on 2A is more liberal than conservatives.

I'd like to see Condi Rice in some elected position where she can make a difference. Not ready for prime time though.

I take all that back. Condi Rice is more qualified than Ostupid and he won the white house.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dennis I think about 4 hours on a range with Dr. Carson would change his mind. I suspect he's never even held a gun much less fired one. He's an analytical thinker and if he were to see 1st hand that what he sees in movies isn't real, he'd come to us on 2A. I'd bet money...

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dennis I think about 4 hours on a range with Dr. Carson would change his mind. I suspect he's never even held a gun much less fired one. He's an analytical thinker and if he were to see 1st hand that what he sees in movies isn't real, he'd come to us on 2A. I'd bet money...

His comment was that guns should be taken away from inner city black men.

There are lots of inner city black men that are law abiding pro 2A and have their guns for self defense against the criminals in their neighborhoods.

He is out of touch with the constitution. That is my concern.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
His comment was that guns should be taken away from inner city black men.

There are lots of inner city black men that are law abiding pro 2A and have their guns for self defense against the criminals in their neighborhoods.

He is out of touch with the constitution. That is my concern.

I understand that. But I think it's just the typical knee jerk OMG reaction of the uneducated. You know, the "OMG it's just too dangerous!" type. They can't get past their fear to even consider any other ramifications. I'm pretty sure he could get past that pretty quick. If not? Oh well. See ya later Dr. Carson, thanks for playing...

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I haven't seen any of the pundits question him on this, and my letters to his office have had no reply.

Maybe because he's not jumped in yet? I really don't think he's ready, but I do like how he seems to analyze things, and his plain manner of speaking. He seems classy too. Perhaps give him the VA? We could do worse.

Latest posts

Top Bottom