black bees

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Never seen these before, but found these in the sliding door track one cold morning barely moving.
They are dead now. too cold I suppose.

black beees 002.jpg

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That is always my plan move far away from the city.. especially since they paved a 4 lane near me and all the ponds and fields are now apartments and houses.

Podman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Might be Mason bees, I think that's what they are called. Supposed to be good pollinators. They live in little round holes in boards, walls etc.

cheese79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ha wood bees, at my parents house they have a barn that has a long overhand we used to park the cars under. every summer those things would be everywhere. we used to take baseball bats and practice swinging on them when they would fly around. after we killed all the ones that would come out we ran wire up the holes and scared the others out, well dads truck was pulled under the barn and we where standing in the back of it. i ran the wire up and about 6 of them came storming out. i got jumpy i guess and went to run from them and found out the bottom of the overhang was just about the same height as me stand in the back of the truck. went to run and hit my forehead on the front beam about the same time i reached the end of the bed of the truck. i remembered hearing the barn make a noise and then opening my eyes sitting at the dinner table with a plate of food in front of me about 3 hours later.... oh those where the days

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The wood bees I'm used to seeing are much bigger than those, about the size of bumblebees. Unless you have mitts the size of Andre the Giant, those look like they're honeybee-sized...

Latest posts

Top Bottom