How much water do you drink a day?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have no idea how much I drink, but it's a lot. I start and end each day with a glass and pretty much keep it handy all day. If I'm drinking beer it's probably a glass of water for every two beers. I drink it in the summer, winter, whenever. If I work out or I'm working outside in summer, I will drink a well dry.

I have some couple friends who are engaged that literally almost never drink water. They drink pop all day. We did a hike with them last summer, and they hardly drank any water on what was a pretty strenuous hike. My girlfriend and I drank as much as we could. It hurt us to watch. They hiked it and drank a ******* pop at the end. She's not as bad as him but almost. If they exercise they have maybe a tiny bit of water and a gatorade. He says "water tastes weird". What the hell? How jacked up are you if water tastes weird? Water tastes like nothing - refreshing nothing. We are made of it, not pop, right?

I just spent 2 day fishing with him and he sipped (maybe 1-2 oz.) some water before bed after brushing his teeth and that's it. Wakes up and drinks pop. Every day. All day.

Is this insane? Any of you live like this? Are they going to die?

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I do not like the taste of of water. I still drink 2 or 3 three bottles a day, but struggle with it. Unsweet tea man all the way here.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I drink water all day. I fight dehydration constantly it seems so I have a water jug on my desk all day at work an drink a big glass before bed. I wake up to piss about 4:00 am and then drink some more after I pee and still wake up thirsty.
People who drink pop all day are going to die. People who drink water all day are also going to die.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I do not like the taste of of water. I still drink 2 or 3 three bottles a day, but struggle with it. Unsweet tea man all the way here.

Better than pop I reckon.

My friends are the reason for big gulp bans.

I drink water all day. I fight dehydration constantly it seems so I have a water jug on my desk all day at work an drink a big glass before bed. I wake up to piss about 4:00 am and then drink some more after I pee and still wake up thirsty.
People who drink pop all day are going to die. People who drink water all day are also going to die.

I share in the constant dehydration thing and wake up like I'm face down in the desert regardless of what I've been doing or where I am. I also piss like a pregnant woman. I even asked the doc about it once. She said it's not cause for alarm after blood tests. I know the waking up to pee thing will get worse as I age (started a couple years ago for me), but I'll keep drinking water regardless.

I just guess that the human body likes to run on water more than straight pop.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used to keep track. Was around 96 ounces a day. In summers, more when I run a lot. . Sometimes a bit less. This is on top of the 2-3 mugs of unsweetened coffee and tea.

ARnut

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
About 90 ounces a day depending on how hard the work load is. a ton of health problems can be avoided just by being properly hydrated. Some people just don't get it or don't care.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The jug I keep at work is 64 oz. and I fill it twice a day. Then theres the coffee I drink made from water and thats another 30 oz a day. Then in the evening at home I'll have maybe 2-3 large 24 oz glasses. Then before bed a little more so thats about 200- 225 oz a day. I read somewhere that we need 1/2 oz to 1 oz of water per pound of body weight as a rule (sometimes more or less) so me being 230 lbs, I'm right in that ball park.

Latest posts

Top Bottom