How much water do you drink a day?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EhlerDave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I drink a lot of water. I mean a lot. A few of my meds add to the constant thirst, but even before them keeping water in me was hard. At work in the summer I would sweat so much I would have salt stains all over my clothes.

I am diabetic with heart problems, so just for giggles, and to help BP and breathing I take water pills. Yep the more ya pee the more you need to drink to replace that.

Coffee, tea and beer seems like many on here drink diuretics a lot.

I have a 40oz drink cup that gets filled all day long, I keep telling the wife I should put a faucet in next to my chair but I have to go pee, so I have to get up anyway.

Last blood workup I had the Dr looked at the results and asked if I had long term plans for a pistol I own. :)

I drink diet drinks when I feel like it, my choice of drinks would be ice cold milk, but a small glass will send my sugars sky high, with a sudden drop to finish off the ride. lol

shakyhand

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just woke up, went pee, got back in bed I feel thirsty but we got a 3 mo old cocker spaniel and if I wake him up he will whine until someone takes him out. So I will lay here thristy. The dog has helped with eating through the night also.
I drink mainly coffee & water through the day, with 0-3 sodas during the week. Once I weaned me off soda at work I started staying out of the vending machine.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have no idea how much I drink, but it's a lot. I start and end each day with a glass and pretty much keep it handy all day. If I'm drinking beer it's probably a glass of water for every two beers. I drink it in the summer, winter, whenever. If I work out or I'm working outside in summer, I will drink a well dry.

I have some couple friends who are engaged that literally almost never drink water. They drink pop all day. We did a hike with them last summer, and they hardly drank any water on what was a pretty strenuous hike. My girlfriend and I drank as much as we could. It hurt us to watch. They hiked it and drank a ******* pop at the end. She's not as bad as him but almost. If they exercise they have maybe a tiny bit of water and a gatorade. He says "water tastes weird". What the hell? How jacked up are you if water tastes weird? Water tastes like nothing - refreshing nothing. We are made of it, not pop, right?

I just spent 2 day fishing with him and he sipped (maybe 1-2 oz.) some water before bed after brushing his teeth and that's it. Wakes up and drinks pop. Every day. All day.

Is this insane? Any of you live like this? Are they going to die?

Might wish they were dead. I was like that till 2010. Kidney stones fixed me.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Since I probably get a lot of my water intake from coffee, I've been interested in trying the Starbucks Sumatra. I like a heavy French roast, or black silk. How does the Sumatra compare?

I used to drink Folgers Black Silk. I like my coffee thick and dark.

Black Silk looks red compared to Starbucks Sumatra, especially fresh ground. The flavor is more complex and bold (both are positives in my opinion). I drink my coffee black. The Sumatra will also leave a ring in your mug if you let it sit for more than 5 minutes.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
We bean and grind the Sumatra here as well...........................reheat what's left in the pot when we get home too.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ridge, I'm the same way. I drink coffee all day with a sip or two of water in between at regular intervals. I own no hydration packs because if it were big enough to do me any good in the heat, I couldn't carry it. I do drink some soda each day but not a lot in comparison. Nothing better than cool filtered water when thirsty, but tea or coffee will sometimes work, no soda or beer when I'm hot and sweaty from working or playing outside. Unsweetened tea too on occasion in the summer, but mostly water after the mandatory coffee with no **** in it, just black, strong, hot and straight out of the pot. Beer is for after the work is done and not too often, but I'll definitely drink a cocktail of some sort on occasion in the evening.

My wife on the other hand... I mess with her all the time telling her that if we lived in the 1800s she'd not be able to survive. Soda or tea that's so sweet the spoon will stand in it. She hates water. :screwy:

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I drink water pretty constantly through the day. Around the house I always have a glass handy, and keep it filled. I drink a glass before bed, and usually take 2 glasses to bed with me... I'll drink most during the night, and drink the rest when I wake up, plus a refill when I get up and about. When I'm out at courthouses, I make pretty frequent stops to the water fountain. I don't drink coffee or Coke. No high fructose corn syrup, and no caffeine, period. If I am drinking a particularly great amount without eating, like when I'm pre-hydrating before a Run 'n Gun, I work some Gatorades in to keep some minerals in my system. Not a fan of Powerade, as it has high fructose corn syrup instead of sugar. I also like juice. Sometimes I still get the craving for something carbonated other than beer, in which case sparkling juice (cranberry, pomegranate, etc.) does the trick. I also drink plenty of alcohol, mostly on the weekends.

As far as taste goes, I've noticed sometimes City water tastes bad, especially in some particular towns, but I have no idea how someone could not like the taste of pure water. That said, all the water we use for drinking and cooking in our house comes through an inline charcoal filter. It seems to have eliminated the taste variation of City water, among other undesirable things. I have a full-on reverse osmosis system still in the box... I am waiting for our upcoming kitchen remodel to install it.

Stop drinking Cokes like me, and after several months you won't understand how you ever liked the taste of super-sweetened high fructose corn syrup drinks at all, and water won't seem so weird. You will also lose some of your flab/pudge, and have more energy. You will also stop feeding your cancer cells, and stop killing your pancreas.

Cedar Creek

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I drink pretty much water only @ meals - occasional small glass of skim milk. My goal is about 90 ounces of water a day. The only time I drink Coke is with whiskey: cheaper whiskey = more Coke. I also like Gatorade sometimes or unsweetened tea. And beer.

Cedar Creek

Latest posts

Top Bottom