How much water do you drink a day?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
WoW! you guys drink a lot of water.

I have about 16oz of coffee in the morning, keep a cup in the water dispenser on the fridge, grab a sip on occasion when walking by, and have a couple of beers in the evening.

Summer times the level of consumption goes up, but not by a whole lot.
Man, that's clearly a ton healthier than my buddy's gallons of pop, but it makes me thirstier.

I could be physically sated with less water if I had to, but I'd want a lot of *some* kind of liquid. Some coffee and beer won't cut it. If I have coffee or beer in hand, I have water on the table. Coffe and beer both make me thirsty. So does pop but to a much lesser extent.

Me and Clay seem to share the constant dehydrated feeling. If I'm sick, or hungover, I will drink incomprehensible amounts. Last bad hangover I drank proably 70oz of water, a Perrier, and a bottle of Gatorade within 3 hours of waking up. And I downed a glass of water before bed and drank waterall day/evening the day before.

I drank a lot of pop from age 16 until about 5 years ago. Now it's rare.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Man, that's clearly a ton healthier than my buddy's gallons of pop, but it makes me thirstier.

I could be physically sated with less water if I had to, but I'd want a lot of *some* kind of liquid. Some coffee and beer won't cut it. If I have coffee or beer in hand, I have water on the table. Coffe and beer both make me thirsty. So does pop but to a much lesser extent.

Me and Clay seem to share the constant dehydrated feeling. If I'm sick, or hungover, I will drink incomprehensible amounts. Last bad hangover I drank proably 70oz of water, a Perrier, and a bottle of Gatorade within 3 hours of waking up. And I downed a glass of water before bed and drank waterall day/evening the day before.

I drank a lot of pop from age 16 until about 5 years ago. Now it's rare.

Don't know. It might be from working 40+ years in hot environments that my body has acclimated to not needing gallons of water a day?

I don't drink soda's unless its with cheap whisky.

I might be a deer. They are ruminants and get 95% of their water requirements from what they eat.

Seriously I have no answer.

I'm not alone. The Last Pawnee run and gun match in July was brutally hot. 10K run and shoot. One guy ran it with a 16oz water bottle in his back pocket with some left over at the end. Others drained their hydration back packs from what I read.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't sweat much either. We had regs in the power plant that if it was 150 degrees or higher, a worker could only stay for 20 minutes, then two hours out, and had to have water, etc.

Danged uncomfortable, but it didn't bother me to the point that it made me sick or sweat a lot. I worried about drying out my lungs more than anything. Always tried to breathe through the nose to temper the heat.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have another friend my dad's age (60) who drinks little water/liquid and works hard outdoor labor. He's a light sweater. Dad sweats a lot and drinks almost as much water as me.

rhodesbe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Those of you constantly thirsty need to get your blood glucose checked. Seriously.

I've had Type 1 Diabetes (the insulin kind) for almost 20 years. Nothing tells me I'm out of wack quicker than insatiable thirst.

Latest posts

Top Bottom