Dual Wielding: The Best Same Caliber Rifle-Handgun Combos

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carleb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think the combo of the 92 Winchester in 44 mag., along with the Mdl. 29 S&W is a great match. Substantial power to make them a reasonable choice on big game and just as good with 44 Special for fun and short range domestic protection. The logic is not quite as sound as in the old days, but it's still valid.

SDarkRage

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Same reason I've always wanted a .357 Lever action. Still haven't saved up enough. Can't make up my mind between the Henry Golden Boy or the Uberti.

1mathom1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Because of ammo availability I cannot recommend my favorite....Marlin 94 and Ruger BH in .41mag. Powerful and accurate. I reload so it doesn't matter to me.
My second favorite is an older Marlin 94cs and a three screw BH in .357....LOTS of fun....so is my SS and Marlin 39m in .22. Some day I will add a .44 and a .45 set....and maybe even a set in .32. All my Marlins are pre-Remington days.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
.44 mag.
In my Super Redhawk, and in the Ruger carbine. As has been said, powder puff rounds can be loaded in the pistol for plinking. Not so much with the autoloader carbine.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If I had my 'druthers, it'd be a Marlin lever-action .357, and a Smith and Wesson revolver to go with it.

Crap. Now that'll be stuck in my head.....

SDarkRage

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I had my 'druthers, it'd be a Marlin lever-action .357, and a Smith and Wesson revolver to go with it.

Crap. Now that'll be stuck in my head.....

I really want a Marlin 336 in 357 Mag but those have been out of production for forever. The ones that do come up for sale are stupid expensive. I have a Ruger GP-100 and a S&W 686 6" ported. Either gun I will happily carry to go along with the Marlin.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a Marlin 94 .357 and Ruger GP100 as well as a Marlin 336 in 44 mag and Ruger Blackhawk in same. Looking for a SW 29 to replace the Blackhawk.

Latest posts

Top Bottom