LOL, Taxes...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Even if all the money was taken from the top 50 richest Americans it would barley make a dent in the national budget. In not sure Obama has one clue on how to approach balancing a budget.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It is my understanding that all taxes have to originate in the House (congress). Should Obama unilaterally raise taxes, he is in violation of the Constitution again and we don't need congress. They're absolutely worthless and the so-called checks and balances system is nonexistent. They allow Obama to do anthing he wants.
But one only has to look at the people Obama has appointed as heads of NSA and other agencies. Boehner has his hands tied-Obama knows too much about the political opposition and could ruin them in my opinion.
Remember Hitler appointed his cronies to various departments. Eichmann as head of euthanasia etc.

Ace_on_the_Turn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
It is my understanding that all taxes have to originate in the House (congress). Should Obama unilaterally raise taxes, he is in violation of the Constitution again and we don't need congress. They're absolutely worthless and the so-called checks and balances system is nonexistent. They allow Obama to do anthing he wants.
But one only has to look at the people Obama has appointed as heads of NSA and other agencies. Boehner has his hands tied-Obama knows too much about the political opposition and could ruin them in my opinion.
Remember Hitler appointed his cronies to various departments. Eichmann as head of euthanasia etc.

Well, that post was filled with ignorance and stupidity. You literally have no idea what you're talking about. The POTUS cannot unilaterally raise taxes. The statement that congress allows Obama to do anything he wants is about the stupidest thing I have ever read on OSA. And that's quite a feat. Yes, let's look at the head of the NSA, Admiral Michael S. Rogers. He's a 30+ year Navy man that is as much as an Obama "crony" as you are. Your Godwin is not the least bit surprising as it's the favorite demagoguery of the intellectually weak.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, that post was filled with ignorance and stupidity. You literally have no idea what you're talking about. The POTUS cannot unilaterally raise taxes. The statement that congress allows Obama to do anything he wants is about the stupidest thing I have ever read on OSA. And that's quite a feat. Yes, let's look at the head of the NSA, Admiral Michael S. Rogers. He's a 30+ year Navy man that is as much as an Obama "crony" as you are. Your Godwin is not the least bit surprising as it's the favorite demagoguery of the intellectually weak.

I believe the correct vernacular is "Executive Action to close unfair loopholes". The Obama administration has floated two trial balloons in the past 10 months. One to fund infrastructure projects to the tune of $438B. The most recent one is for raising $100B for the general fund, of which ostensibly $75B would go to fund his Dreamer initiative.

Congress' inability to thwart his EO on illegal immigration will surely embolden him to push the envelope even further. :(

Latest posts

Top Bottom