Where To Store Form 1s and 4s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shodown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How many extra Form 1 and Form 4 copies do you guys make and where do you store them?

I have 8 hard copies in multiple safes and various places in my house along with 4 electronic copies saved to different computers and storage media that are in separate locations. That's probably overkill, but I want to be damn sure that I have one every time I go to the range and if my house burns to the ground there are still copies available.

Thoughts?

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have copies of mine in a plastic sheet protector in a pocket in the bottom of my range bag. I have others stored in rifle cases.

HonkyTonkHale

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am thinking of keeping a folded copy in my AR grip. I think that would be an easy way to make sure one is always with my SBR. I will also keep a copy with other legal documents in a safe or safety deposit box.

I am not ready to commit to a tattoo, but maybe a subdermal microfiche!

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My original Form4 are stored in the bank safety deposit box.
Each envelope is clearly labeled as to the item referred to on the Form and serial number.

Each Form 4 is scanned into my computer and stored in a directory I call "Form Fours"
Front and back are separate images and a .pdf file of both.

Each Form 4 is then color printed, front and back onto one piece of paper.
A second color copy is also made.
The first Form 4 is then laminated and placed in a book in my gun safe.
The second Form 4 is also laminated and place in a loose book also in the gun safe.
If I'm in a hurry, I just grab the book when I am going to the range.
If I'm not in a hurry, I just grab the loose copies that relate to the firearm.

Dave

Latest posts

Top Bottom