Don't Light Firecrackers On A Sewer Manhole Cover

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That brought some flashbacks. There was storm drain in a heavily wooded lot by our house. We were young, 10-12 or so, and used to pry the lid off and climb down in there. No clue about methane gas, H2S, that can inhabit those drains. We used to shoot fireworks off down there. Put a black cat in a slingshot have the buddy light it, and launch it down the tube. Lucky we didn't have the same experience the guy in the video did.

Driller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If my memory serves me correctly, this same thing happened in Bristow in the early to mid 90's. Some kids threw fireworks into a storm drain, and blew manholes off for a couple of blocks. A leak at a nearby gas station had apparently released gasoline into the storm sewer. I can just imagine the "Oh Crap" moment and some kids running for the hills.

Yourshoesareuntied

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I'm glad I'm alive today, not sure how I survived my youth....I'm sure most men can say same the same, most of us had friends that were less fortunate than us.

I thought it was funny the two kids ran off and didn't check on their buddy or brother...#loyalty!

I'm just glad I wasn't one of those kids that burned their parents house down..

Latest posts

Top Bottom