Where's All the Ice & Snow?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eagle Eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
:scream::scream::scream:

I am so sick of incompetence!!!!!!! Whomever is responsible for this gigantic failure needs to speak publicly about it and ask for mercy.
Mistake 1. They close school (OU campus in norman) down for Wednesday, on Tuesday at 7pm ish, before any weather has moved in. Solution 1. Wait until Wednesday morning, pull head out of arsehole and see if there is snow on the ground. Then make a decision.
Mistake 2. The bad weather gets here, but at 8pm of this evening, they decide that everything will be OK by 10 am tomorrow morning and so Campus will Open then! Solution2. Wait until Thursday morning, pull head out of arsehole and check the roads and decide what to do.
believe it or not, Mistake 3 Phone call on Wednesday at 8pm, telling me that campus will be closed WEDNESDAY!! Solution3heads must roll

-thats it
:soapbox:

Last edited:

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Had a ice covered truck sitting out beside the driveway that hadnt moved since the last blast when I came out in Coweta about 4p, but it cleared off easy. Went for a few 'spins' for shiz and giggles out in the country. Wife left work on Memorial in Tulsa at 5 headed to Merrits bakery then Hideaway Pizza in BA and she finally made it home by 7, she said the windows were freezing up on her in her CR-V with all the rainy ice and traffic spashing each other.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Had a ice covered truck sitting out beside the driveway that hadnt moved since the last blast when I came out in Coweta about 4p, but it cleared off easy. Went for a few 'spins' for shiz and giggles out in the country. Wife left work on Memorial in Tulsa at 5 headed to Merrits bakery then Hideaway Pizza in BA and she finally made it home by 7, she said the windows were freezing up on her in her CR-V with all the rainy ice and traffic spashing each other.

Nothing more fun than spinning donuts in the snow and ice for pleasure. Taught my kids to drive in it on the High School parking lot.

oufan24

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think weathermen should be paid on commission. They may get the forecast a little more accurate if their pay depended on it. We did get a lot of snow this evening, but they missed the timing big time. No reason school needed to be cancelled today.

Swab

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nothing more fun than spinning donuts in the snow and ice for pleasure. Taught my kids to drive in it on the High School parking lot.

I try to teach my wife the... erm... physics, of driving on slick surfaces during weather like this. She just brushes it off as me fooling around.

Sent from the land of teepee's and buffaloes

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yepp, loll. I went down the road from the house to the farm to finish off this 100 round box of TulAmmo BrassMaxx that someone had given me that I had found the other day in my ammo stash into some water bottles and then just decided to go off the gravel and do some light off roading. Didnt get stuck and made it back home in time for some lukewarm pizza.

My dad had Jeeps when I grew up and the best times we ever had were pulling an old Cadillac car hood behind it sledding around out on Bluestem lake road outside of Pawhuska.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yepp, loll. I went down the road from the house to the farm to finish off this 100 round box of TulAmmo BrassMaxx that someone had given me that I had found the other day in my ammo stash into some water bottles and then just decided to go off the gravel and do some light off roading. Didnt get stuck and made it back home in time for some lukewarm pizza.

My dad had Jeeps when I grew up and the best times we ever had were pulling an old Cadillac car hood behind it sledding around out on Bluestem lake road outside of Pawhuska.

Good times. We shined up a few hoods back in the day in the snow. Owner probably wondered what happened to his hood.:blush:

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Watched David Payne on channel 9 this evening. He reported that OKC officially broke a record with a 4" snowfall at the Will Rogers Airport. Rest of the city was listed at 3" of snow with more further west.

I looked out about 15 minutes after his report and only saw "maybe" 1 inch of snow outside.

Apparently weathermen also can't measure snowfall.

Latest posts

Top Bottom