Coyote Hunting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I need some information about hunting Coyotes. I looked at the Dept of Wildlife website and found some information, but not what I need. My GF's sister lives up close to Cashion and says she has Coyotes running around and is afraid that they will attack her dogs. She asked if I could come up and get rid of them for her. I've never been a hunter and have some questions.

Is a license required? I'm thinking yes.

Are there certain hours or dates "seasons" that they can be hunted?

Are there any caliber restrictions?

Are there any magazine limits or restrictions?

Do they have to be "tagged" or anything like that?

What do you do with them after they're killed?

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I need some information about hunting Coyotes. I looked at the Dept of Wildlife website and found some information, but not what I need. My GF's sister lives up close to Cashion and says she has Coyotes running around and is afraid that they will attack her dogs. She asked if I could come up and get rid of them for her. I've never been a hunter and have some questions.

Since you're hunting private land................

Is a license required? I'm thinking yes. Yes, hunting license.

Are there certain hours or dates "seasons" that they can be hunted? Open year around, dawn to dusk..night time exceptions made on occasion.
Are there any caliber restrictions? No

Are there any magazine limits or restrictions? No

Do they have to be "tagged" or anything like that? No

What do you do with them after they're killed? Leave them or haul them off, other critters will snack on them.

Have fun! :)

okhunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you are having a series coyote problem you really need a trapper. You can hunt them and possibly kill some but if you truly want to control them and or eradicate problem coyotes you will need a trapper.

Sticky Stokes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No way I'm ever eating a dirty ass coyote.....hell the scavenger birds don't even touch them at all, uh uh...nope

and this is from a man that has eaten raccoon, possum, rabbit, squirrel, beaver :blush: more than one species! muskrat, nutria, rattlesnake, elk, deer, antelope, wild pig, black buck, gemsbock, buffalo, caribou, axis, etc... not ever gonna eat a coyote, but i would love to try horse meat

Sticky Stokes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
^^^^Truth.

Im not sure there is a county in this state that doesn't have a yote problem... I know my places are covered up with them, i just dont have a 4 wheel drive to get to either in this weather, my lack of a 4 wheel drive probably cost me 20 days of hunting this past deer season, looking to remedy that right now, looking for a 4 door, 4 wheel drive F250 gas or diesel

Latest posts

Top Bottom