Justice Dept Report on Ferguson MO

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Actually only a few criminals rioted. The citizens just protested. There is a big difference between lawful protesters and rioters.

In Ferguson the cops were pointing guns, gassing, harassing, intimidating and arresting protesters while the rioters n looters committed crimes.

That's true, also interesting that when college kids riot and destroy stuff for sports as opposed to questioning the Gov. nobody seems to care as much and it certainly doesn't bring the same response....

sar_cdn.com_sites_default_files_imagecache_superphoto_10663993.jpg

lexington_tap120331014353_620x350.jpg

madmikesamerica.com_wp_content_uploads_2011_10_Oakland_Riots.jpg

http://www.toledoblade.com/image/20...t-slams-Buckeye-fans-culture-of-rioting-2.jpg

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
But some contend when part of the fines go directly to judge/police pension funds as well as salaries there's a conflict of interest.

I don't have the answers. But something needs to be different. Some sort of weights and balances in the coffers that takes the incentive away from the Law Enforcements paws in making revenue with it.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't have the answers. But something needs to be different. Some sort of weights and balances in the coffers that takes the incentive away from the Law Enforcements paws in making revenue with it.

Politicians cannot be trusted to manage money. Law enforcement officers are public servants, not revenue generators. That part of their job needs to be eliminated.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You didn't read the report. You're showing your ignorance on the matter. The repirt...80 pages, hasn't been released yet. If, if, if, you read anything it was a summary.

Yes I did read it. Again your totally wrong on the subject. Here is a little of my understanding about the subject and why I said what I did with reason. Study the bolded part at the bottom of the report. There is a little story going on here.......

DOJ pulls a “Lois Lerner” on Ferguson

Mar4

Mad that he couldn’t get a conviction of a good cop who happens to be white, against a thug who happens to be black, the most racist and worst Attorney General in the history of this country decided he will get his pound of flesh from Ferguson “by any means necessary.”

Holder has targeted Ferguson, because he says the city has a racial bias in policing. The government measures such nonsense for political expediency, as Holder has little concern for cities around Ferguson with statistical “bias” 14 times that of Ferguson (see MO Attorney General stats below).

Let’s look at the numbers.

The DOJ states that Ferguson gets 15 percent of its operating budget from fines and forfeitures, and these numbers have been confirmed. But the main claim by the DOJ is that biased policing in Ferguson in traffic stops as a way to raise money has a disparate impact on blacks.

Missouri state law allows cities to obtain up to 30 percent of their operating revenues from fine and forfeitures, and Ferguson is not anywhere close to the number. But that’s just part of the irony.

Eric Holder’s ignores the fact that nine black-run cities in the St. Louis area with overwhelmingly black populations are currently being sued by the Missouri Attorney General for collecting fines and fees over 30 percent of their budget, an obvious violation of state law.

And if that’s not bad enough, a few of these black-run cities receive as much as 50 percent of their city revenues from fines and fees, these fines and fees overwhelmingly levied against their overwhelmingly black citizens.

If you are beginning to detect an element of racism in this targeting of Ferguson by Eric Holder, then welcome to the party Captain Obvious.

Ferguson is being singled out, because they have a white Republican mayor. But don’t believe me, as this is information directly from the Missouri Attorney General’s website:

Racial Profiling Statistics

- Disparity Index = Optimal number is 1, below 1 means group is underrepresented in the sample. Over 1 means over represented in the sample.

State Average – Disparity Index against African-American – 1.59

Ferguson Police Department

Disparity Index against African Americans – 1.37

63% of population is African-American

86% % of the traffic stops are African American

Below are Communities run by black City Councils/Mayor

Pine Lawn Police Department

Disparity Index against Whites – 19.32

1.42% of population is White

27.5 % of the traffic stops are White

[Author’s note:] Here’s an interesting factoid on Pine Lawn: Pine Lawn’s Director of Public Safety (Police Chief) and their City Prosecutor “moonlights” as the Attorney for Michael Brown’s family.
Berkeley Police Department

Disparity Index against Whites – 2.69

15% of population is White

42 % of the traffic stops are White

The facts are clear. The DOJ is no better than the IRS in the targeting of white Conservatives. If the mayor of Ferguson were a black Democrat, you would know nothing about this situation in Ferguson.

I suggest the DOJ launch an investigation in Pine Lawn, given their racial disparities in ticketing.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think the fact that you're missing is that many of the cop/citizen interactions are not allowed by the Constitution. I don't care the color of their skin, income level, or where they live, nobody should have to live with cops that constantly violate the their rights.....and why are the cops violating the rights of these citizens? To generate revenue for the city.

The bottom line, the cops had one primary goal in Ferguson, to generate revenue from the citizens for the city. Is that what you think that a police force is for?

Latest posts

Top Bottom