Taking Andrew Jackson off the Twenty????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
not at all. I get why they want the change. And my question is still valid.

If we have to go through the process every so often, why not consider changing the person (which is what they are wanting). They feel a woman should be on a banknote, so why not consider it? Just because someone might disagree with this group's why, that doesn't change the fact that the idea might have merit.

I have no issue with the change, but why not change the $5 or the $10? Why not start with the $1 bill and work our way up?

candrpotts

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
out of curiosity, why does this bother you? We have to update banknotes every so often for security reasons, so why not consider changing the person who is on the note, as well?

I mean we can debate who should be on them, but i don't really see a reason that changing the person would really confirm that we are 'toast'

Again, why spend more money we don't have on our money just appease a special interest group? I think the whole idea of state quarters was pretty stupid too but that's another thread!

CharlieMurphy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is a lot of evidence to the fact that Andrew Jackson was working for the British to undermine American independence. He destroyed the Second National Bank of the United States and he started party politics as we see it today.

Another interesting fact, Salmon P Chase of Chase bank is on the $10,000 dollar bill. How does a banker end up on our currency? Well it's not really our currency, it's the Federal Reserve currency which is ran by secret members who, according to their own website, collect a 6% dividend on all of the assets. If we just put the Fed inside of the Treasury it would change the entire nation by eliminating national debt owed. It is the difference between debt and credit.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Again, why spend more money we don't have on our money just appease a special interest group? I think the whole idea of state quarters was pretty stupid too but that's another thread!

The thing is, we already do spend money to redesign banknotes every so often. For fraud protection. Wasn't the $100 just redesigned recently?

I don't really give a flip about who is on the money. I just think there are actual problems in this world and this isn't one of them. And i'm not talking about the issue of a woman being on the banknote or not, i'm talking about the 'this is the end of america' attitude that comes with these types of threads. America isn't toast because we entertain the idea of putting a woman (or anyone one else, regardless of where the idea comes from) on a banknote.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have no issue with the change, but why not change the $5 or the $10? Why not start with the $1 bill and work our way up?

We could, but why does it matter if we go in order or not? Gotta start somewhere.

Also, does anyone really care who is on the banknote so long as it spends? I mean when was the last time anyone thought that hard about a former president because they where looking in their wallet?

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
out of curiosity, why does this bother you? We have to update banknotes every so often for security reasons, so why not consider changing the person who is on the note, as well?

I mean we can debate who should be on them, but i don't really see a reason that changing the person would really confirm that we are 'toast'
If they do what they really want, we'll have money with a photo of trayvon Martin or that big kid from Ferguson on our money-anything to enable a voter.

TenBears

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
L
There is a lot of evidence to the fact that Andrew Jackson was working for the British to undermine American independence. He destroyed the Second National Bank of the United States and he started party politics as we see it today.

Another interesting fact, Salmon P Chase of Chase bank is on the $10,000 dollar bill. How does a banker end up on our currency? Well it's not really our currency, it's the Federal Reserve currency which is ran by secret members who, according to their own website, collect a 6% dividend on all of the assets. If we just put the Fed inside of the Treasury it would change the entire nation by eliminating national debt owed. It is the difference between debt and credit.

When asked on his death bed, what his most proud moment was.........I killed the bank. The last president to have the country debt free. The creature from Jekyll island might not be here today if we had a few more like him.

Latest posts

Top Bottom