I let the smoke out of my 1957 chevy!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That is correct tooling down the road and BLAMO! Then the shaking... then the smoke was following me and my tachometer went to 0.

I had to walk home and get the other car and my trailer and tow it home.

I am pretty sure one of those Hypereutectic pistons exploded on me.. I put off using those and should have listened to my instinct.

I will rebuild her faster and stronger I have the technology...but may not be a Steve Austin

001.jpg002.jpg

magna19

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That is correct tooling down the road and BLAMO! Then the shaking... then the smoke was following me and my tachometer went to 0.

I had to walk home and get the other car and my trailer and tow it home.

I am pretty sure one of those Hypereutectic pistons exploded on me.. I put off using those and should have listened to my instinct.

I will rebuild her faster and stronger I have the technology...but may not be a Steve Austin

View attachment 46345View attachment 46346
The perfect excuse for 502 BBC.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes it pulled it home but only a bit over a mile and mostly first gear and the speed limit on the road was 45.
No Cummings and I need to dig around to find another small block or use one of my 402BBC or a 427.

I am leaning towards a 350 with a 280H magnum cam.
And the geo towed it up the steep drive way once I of loaded it.. will be pulling the engine out today.

The block is junk, I can say that with certainty as oil and antifreeze mixed into the oil pan and oil was leaving the side of the block..
I am curious as to what all is toast.

Probably took out at least 1 cylinder head.. I hope the cam is good .
Lot's of aluminum bits in all the exhaust ports.. so valve job is toast. If there is any head left. :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom