AR22 mix n match of parts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

08H3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So after a long back order from CMMG my dedicated 22 barrel and bolt finally came in. These were ordered for me as a gift to complete a project of mine that's been in the works for a while.

I built me a 22 upper for use on my SBR lower, said upper has a 4.5" barrel, CMMG SS bolt, UTG pro 7" handguard and a aero upper. My YHM can fits down in the handguard with a little to spare.

Lower is a registered SBR Anderson with a Rock River national match 2 stage trigger and MFT minimalist stock also a magpul moe grip. Also I got the better mag adapter to run 15-22 mags in her too.

[Broken External Image]

It's actually got a good balance to it too. Here it is next to my MK III

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

08H3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So after a few hundred rounds I've found that this combo doesn't like 40gr ammo, but shoots 36gr just fine? Odd cause I've never had a 22 not like federal auto match

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So after a few hundred rounds I've found that this combo doesn't like 40gr ammo, but shoots 36gr just fine? Odd cause I've never had a 22 not like federal auto match

More than likely the secant ogive of the 40 grain is different than the 36 grain allowing it to hit the feed ramp at a different angle. Are the failures with the round hitting the top of the chamber then jamming?

08H3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
More than likely the secant ogive of the 40 grain is different than the 36 grain allowing it to hit the feed ramp at a different angle. Are the failures with the round hitting the top of the chamber then jamming?

Nope, the issue is more the spent shell cases get partially ejected and are stuck with the bolt slamming them into the chamber collar. I found a trick on ar15 dot com that I'm gonna try out. And I have 250 rounds of higher velocity to run threw it for break in this week

08H3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Very, very nice indeed. You do darn good work.

Thanks, I took the AR out with my new 22/45 lite today. Loved both, the AR is now running 99% and that good enough for me. I did set it up with a set of gen II Magpul sights until I find the right red dot to keep on it.

[Broken External Image]

And the 22/45
[Broken External Image]