Beef Ribs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I grew up eating pork ribs because thats the only ribs my dad liked but my mom lived on a ranch in OK so when I would be at her house during summers I ate them there and ate the **** out of them.
My last ex-wife is half German half Italian and her German mother would order them from the butcher shop in Des Moines and then she would bake them with no dry rub or anything she just used some type of Knorr brand seasoning that she said she brought from Germany and she served them without BBQ sauce like we would eat them, she made homeade kraut, potato pancakes, huge stuffed mushrooms w/sausage, and some of the best spaetzle Ive ever had any where- I should have married her mother.

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Beef ribs were common as all get out when I was a kid oh so many years ago. My mom cooked them quite often. Baked 'em in the oven with lots of black pepper between two layers of saurekraut.

Man they were good.

Thanks OP! Your post brought back good memories.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Going to troll this thread again with a "nonbeef trifecta" lol. Multi-tasking temps and times was tough..........all came out good though.

i1085.photobucket.com_albums_j434_btenn1_20150404_203933_zps35z9hyt2.jpg

DrinkYourMilkshake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I prefer beef ribs to pork. But that's considering ribs are my least favorite smokeable.

My only requirement is that the rub has to be a Fred Flintstone sized beef rib. Where can I find those for sale?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I prefer beef ribs to pork. But that's considering ribs are my least favorite smokeable.

My only requirement is that the rub has to be a Fred Flintstone sized beef rib. Where can I find those for sale?

We used to visit a restaurant in OKC after the horse races that served the flintstone beef ribs. Happy Hollow or something? They are closed now I think.

Latest posts

Top Bottom