Beef Ribs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not beef, but could still apply on beef ribs. I rarely do pork ribs, but these turned out by far the best I've done.

Rubbed this on last night: http://www.thesmokerking.com/page6c.html
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup paprika
2 1/2 tablespoons ground black pepper
2 1/2 tablespoons salt
1 tablespoon mustard powder
1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
1 1/2 tablespoons garlic powder
1 1/2 tablespoons onion powder
1 teaspoons cayenne

Smoked today with pecan, at 250* for 7.5 hours. Every hour I mopped the top with a mix of apple juice, olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Half a roll of paper towels later and and 8 thumbs up we were stuffed. Lot's of left overs.
i1085.photobucket.com_albums_j434_btenn1_20150328_194300_zpsgtxckpb8.jpg

From the beef rib master:

Gonna have to try both of these! Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

tntrex

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Good beef ribs are far superior to pork ribs. Mmm mm

I like mine smoked just like a brisket on real wood coals the way it's all supposed to be.

Texican

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, pork ribs are easy to ruin.
Looking forward to the beef ribs. None of the stores around here except Aldi's carries them.

Your local butcher can order beef ribs for you....
Check the price....
Have weighed the bones after eating several loads of beef ribs and discovered that you can buy T-bones for the same price for cost of the amount of meat on the beef ribs....
Still buy beef ribs when we find on sale.... Thanks to Brookshire's in Paris, Texas, for putting beef ribs on sale.....
Just can not beat the taste of good smoked/broiled/grilled beef ribs....
Everyone in the house loves beef ribs and the dogs just love the pile of beef rib bones....

If you are ever in Ft Worth, try Risky's in the Stock Yards which serves all of the smoked beef ribs that you can eat.... I get my $$$ worth plus a couple of other people's worth of beef ribs when we get to eat at Risky's.... Worth the cost....

Texican....

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Your local butcher can order beef ribs for you....
Check the price....
Have weighed the bones after eating several loads of beef ribs and discovered that you can buy T-bones for the same price for cost of the amount of meat on the beef ribs....
Still buy beef ribs when we find on sale.... Thanks to Brookshire's in Paris, Texas, for putting beef ribs on sale.....
Just can not beat the taste of good smoked/broiled/grilled beef ribs....
Everyone in the house loves beef ribs and the dogs just love the pile of beef rib bones....

If you are ever in Ft Worth, try Risky's in the Stock Yards which serves all of the smoked beef ribs that you can eat.... I get my $$$ worth plus a couple of other people's worth of beef ribs when we get to eat at Risky's.... Worth the cost....

Texican....

Your absolutely correct. Ribs are probably the most expensive cut of meat there is.

I don't care.......:D

Latest posts

Top Bottom