Water well

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I paid ten dollars per foot and had them install my pump. Straw Drilling-Choctaw. You can go to a well man and he says he'll drill the well but he contacts someone like straw to come drill the well and then charges you $12+ per foot. Skip the middleman.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll throw in my two cents.

My well failed last December (started pumping mud, then stopped pumping altogether). I called Don Strawn on a recommendation. They came out, looked it over, and declared it dead, saying it would need to be redrilled. Fine, I expected that. Knowing that I had no running water, the guy told me he would be out the following Friday to do it. I called Wednesday to confirm; no answer, left a message. Friday came, he didn't show. Several calls, several voicemails, no return. To this day, I've not had a return call. Additionally, when we were discussing how the job was to be done, he said rather than properly sealing the old well (to prevent contamination of the groundwater), he'd just cut it off a few feet below the surface so I could fill it with dirt and forget about it. Keep in mind that the new well was to be dug maybe twenty feet away, so any contamination would rapidly become a problem.

Fortunately, Tanner Pump (who handled my hookup) and Meyer Well Service (who actually did the drilling) were far more professional and got me taken care of in short order.

Latest posts

Top Bottom