Should OU suspend basketball players for useing "N" word on national TV?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If it's OK for black folk to use that word without consequence then it shouldn't be so shocking or offensive when others use it.
It's not offensive when other people use "that word". I'm white and I have used it many times to many different audiences. You're being intellectually dishonest.

OU frat boys could have looked into the camera and said "that word" 10 times in a row without any other context and they'd still be on campus.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
What percentage of black men and women, will really say it's ok for a non black person to use that word if it's in the right context? I think the percentage would be extremely low.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What was the context?

"****, I think I'm gonna die if I dont eat soon." and "eat **** and die, *******" convey very different things.

The context was speaking out loud on national TV, as a representative of the University of Oklahoma. If the OU President has no comment on the matter, then it's a tacit admission that OU condones a double standard regarding offensive language.

It really is that simple.

It's not offensive when other people use "that word". I'm white and I have used it many times to many different audiences. You're being intellectually dishonest.

OU frat boys could have looked into the camera and said "that word" 10 times in a row without any other context and they'd still be on campus.

I disagree. They'd be just as gone, or at the very least suspended for a semester. If you think "that word" is acceptable to be used by a white person, then you haven't seen how utterly histrionic our society has become about PC speech, perceived bias and slights.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They should all be suspended, and banned from ever playing ball again.

I know I cried myself to sleep for many nights after the SAE video came out, and this has reopened the wound.

Latest posts

Top Bottom