Tornado Shelters- Flat Safe, Ground Zero or Taylors??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blitzfike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We opted for an in ground cellar away from the house. I do have a large cottonwood tree growing up about 20 feet from it. I registered our cellar with the local county emergency services team. That way if there is a tornado, they will check to see if we are trapped in it. The tree came along after the cellar.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good.

Are you through throwing around personal insults now?
Do you feel insulted?:kiss:

Maybe it's because you expressed a gross generalization that EVERY tornado is an F5 and every tornado will blow the car out of the garage and that's a stupid argument.

If it is an F5 and the slab is swept clean then I won't need anything to keep the debris off the shelter entrance.
If it is an F3 and it only causes the roof and one of the walls to fall down on the garage the vehicle MIGHT, not will, MIGHT keep some debris off the shelter entrance.

It's a win/win either way; There is no downside.

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm just hanging around here to glean some more tornado survival tips you might share with us all.
Not to mention your acerbity.

You're as comical as your avatar. I may have to start Googling all these big words.

I haven't offered any survival tips as of yet, but if I do I'm sure you'll be there to set things straight for me. I appreciate your loving attention.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You're as comical as your avatar. I may have to start Googling all these big words.

I haven't offered any survival tips as of yet, but if I do I'm sure you'll be there to set things straight for me. I appreciate your loving attention.

It depends on if they are relevant or not.
Throwing up a false argument about "don't store gasoline in the garage" when quoting someone asking about a vehicle parked in the garage is not relevant.

120 Acres

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't store gasoline in the garage. Mmmkay?

Hole E Crap boys.

Ok, forget the gas, how about your 5 gallon container of liquid fertilizer and your wifes bleach that she cleans the brown of your sneakers with. How do you keep these spilled liquids from killing you in your safety hole?

Latest posts

Top Bottom