Why not Rubio?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Help me vet Rubio.

Why shouldn't I or you support him? Give me some reasons not to vote for him.

We can do a why not Paul or Cruz or Walker thread later.....but why not Marco Rubio for President?

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have one lingering problem with Rubio; he dodged the question several years back about the earth being 5,000 years old.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...ragogJ&usg=AFQjCNFCRvoOks0LFUP5DnIjeBlwYJqTtw

There's lots of other links about this. While not a really bad dent in his armor, it makes him appear to be evasive about at least one issue.

Yes I've read that. I've read the transcript. Rubio never says or implies how old the earth is. In a polite way he implied that the age of the earth has no place in our economy.

I will concede that if the topic is about the age of the Earth, perhaps a politician isn't the right guy to expect a good answer from.

So while one can spin or muddy up the water, do we really care what any politician thinks about the age of the earth?

I see the article as something that steers a voter away from real issues into the realm of partisan propaganda.

Much like Hillarys email or Benghazi, this article is not a "big deal" except to the haters.

Riley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Because he is really more of an asset in the Senate seat he currently holds. It's a tough demographic that is not a likely win for the R's should he resign to run.

Second, as a first term-er, he's not in the same boat as Cruze who has an extensive history in state government to trot out when the "experience critics" begin their assault.

As though they have even the slightest shred of credibility. Not that it's stopped them before.....

Nice try on Hilliary's email, Lurker, that one is clearly a felony with disqualification from office as the penalty. If that's not an issue to you, you are one of the sheep....

I'm sure the deceased in Benghazi will allow your opinion of the value of the their lives, along with their former boss.

I don't think the significance of abandoning your people under-fire has yet played out for the current leadership.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
"So while one can spin or muddy up the water, do we really care what any politician thinks about the age of the earth?"

Exactly..... I want a president that has a plan to insure that the earth exists at least another 100 years, not one that has an "official" position on the age of the earth.

We have the Democrat front runner not following federal rules, and possibly committing a felony, and some are getting upset because Rubio "evades" a question on the age of the earth?

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think that Rubio has one thing in common with Obama that he'll have a hard time overcoming. It's not a strike against him or his position, but it's still a reality. That issue? He's a young Senator with not much experience. The folks are starting to wake up to that being an issue with Obama, I'm not sure they'll want to do it again with a Repub.

I also hate to lose his Senate seat, that would be bad, bad, bad, but I do like his positions. Just not sure he quite "ready" yet.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Because he is really more of an asset in the Senate seat he currently holds. It's a tough demographic that is not a likely win for the R's should he resign to run.

Second, as a first term-er, he's not in the same boat as Cruze who has an extensive history in state government to trot out when the "experience critics" begin their assault. .

So his Senate seat is more important to the cause than risking losing that seat to a possible democrat? Let me remind you that only Florida gets to elect their Senators, OSAers typically don't get involved in other states politics.

Florida isn't nominating Rubio, the national Republicans are. In the scheme of things, giving up a Senate seat, whether Florida or Texas isnt really a risk. If one makes the argument then it should stand for any GOP candidate, your Senate seat is to valuable for you to run for President....Rubio, Cruz or Paul

I shouldn't have brought hillary/emails/Benghazi into the thread. I'd like to just vet or debate Rubio.

Latest posts

Top Bottom