Why not Rubio?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rumor has it that Kasich will announce this week.

As much as I like the guy I don't think he can go anywhere in this field. Not these days.

He's not angry enough to excite the base of the GOP.
He doesn't have a gimmick tax plan to replace the IRS like the fairtax or a 999 plan.
He spends too much time talking positive and not enough time running other people down.
Nope, he's going nowhere.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rumor has it that Kasich will announce this week.

As much as I like the guy I don't think he can go anywhere in this field. Not these days.

He's not angry enough to excite the base of the GOP.
He doesn't have a gimmick tax plan to replace the IRS like the fairtax or a 999 plan.
He spends too much time talking positive and not enough time running other people down.
Nope, he's going nowhere.

There's very little info on him out there and yes, politics has become far too polarized for a "good" candidate to win the primaries. :(

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Can you confirm the scandal was real, or was it generated by some unsubstianted women that stood up and said he did it without any proof?

No one can confirm it but him I think. But the perception of a "scandal" is all it takes to sink a political ship.
Did Bill really have sexual relations with Monica? He says not. Doesnt matter, results are the same either way.

MadDogs

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Did Bill really have sexual relations with Monica? He says not.

What a surprise. Clinton would say that he didn’t have a sexual relationship with an intern who had the ass the size of a Buick … after he pokes her with a cigar and then after getting a blow job leaves his junk on her blue GAP dress. But I guess having a “sexual relationship” would depend on the definition of the word “is”.

Bill is a bent dick serial philanderer who is a chronic and habitual liar ... And so is his wife.

Good point on the Cain "scandal". Doesn't matter if it happened or not. It's the perception that it did that counts. Goes to the stuff they said about Romney. Truth is a not a product of politicians.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What a surprise. Clinton would say that he didn’t have a sexual relationship with an intern who had the ass the size of a Buick … after he pokes her with a cigar and then after getting a blow job leaves his junk on her blue GAP dress. But I guess having a “sexual relationship” would depend on the definition of the word “is”.

Bill is a bent dick serial philanderer who is a chronic and habitual liar ... And so is his wife.

Good point on the Cain "scandal". Doesn't matter if it happened or not. It's the perception that it did that counts. Goes to the stuff they said about Romney. Truth is a not a product of politicians.

We all know how you feel, but painting your picture so crudely is not appropriate for this forum. How about you dial it back a couple of notches? :(

amcardon

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A few potential problems. IMO.

Pulled from: http://www.ontheissues.org/senate/Marco_Rubio.htm#Foreign_Policy

No evidence to change policy of don't ask, don't tell. (Feb 2010)
Voted YES on extending the PATRIOT Act's roving wiretaps. (Feb 2011)
Supports banning homosexuals in the military. (Aug 2010)
Supports prohibiting human embryonic stem cell research. (Aug 2010)
America needs a foreign policy of engaging abroad. (Apr 2012)
Sponsored funding and supplying the Syrian rebels. (Mar 2013)
Trade with Cuba won't translate into political freedom. (Dec 2014)
Accused of using campaign funds for personal expenses. (Jun 2012)
Used earmarks early in legislative career, then stopped cold. (Jun 2012)
2003: Anonymous contributors; 2004: backed down & disclosed. (Jun 2012)
As LDS Youth, idolized Donny & Marie Osmond. (Jun 2012)
Accused of spending $160,000 on GOP party credit card. (Jun 2012)
Repaid Florida GOP for overspending on party credit card. (Jul 2010)
Rated 100% by the AU, indicating opposition to separation of church & state. (Jan 2013)
Equip and train non-jihadist Syrians to topple Assad. (Aug 2013)
Defining marriage does not demean a class of people. (Jun 2013)
Supports Amendment to prevent same sex marriage. (Aug 2010)
No gay couples as foster parents; no social experimentation. (Jun 2012)

Really? I can understand the other things on the list, but this? A bit of a stretch... We have legitimate reasons to do everything we can to keep Hillary out of office (and ideally in jail) and you add this to reasons against Rubio? Ridiculous.

Latest posts

Top Bottom