Pawnee Summer Run N Gun - July 18

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FOG

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Less than 8 weeks to go...

My mini run-n-gun practices in my pasture are gettin' tough with all this darn rain. As much as I appreciate the moisture, enough is enough... I'm tired of wallering around in the mud.

Shooting is coming along ok too, but I still need to try my luck at 500 yds. and see where I'm at.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Heck yeah! THanks, UMB.

I picked up massive quantities of pork shoulder this week for JT to smoke, the landowner has a new obstacle, T-shirts will be done soon, targets are being prepared!

Y'all ready?

jrgutier

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone have a place to practice 500 yds? I stopped my okcgunclubembership and the long range is the only thing I'm missing from it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Of course nothing beats shooting at actual distance, but if you can't do it, just get a chrono. Or if you're using a common load and barrel length, you might be able to find velocity info on the web. Anyway, plug your velocity, caliber, bullet weight, and all your other info into a ballistics calculator (there are free ones online), and you will get some extremely accurate bullet drop data. From there, it's just making sure you can shoot 4 MOA or better from prone.

Love the Hitler vid BTW. It will always be a Run 'n Gun classic.

Gabriel42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got to stretch out to 300m today. Making hits all the way out with irons... too bad it was an issued M16 and not my Mk18. Will need to get out and shoot it some more before the end of the month.

Latest posts

Top Bottom