David Payne....Really

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I do not want to turn this into a DP bashing, and Please tell me if I missed something. During the weather alert, until Moore. He said tornado chances are very low, let me repeat that tornado chances are very low. He also said I said this 1000 times and will keep repeating it. Chances of tornado's are very low. Am I missing something or has he gotten anything right since he went to channel 9?

COZICAN

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They are all just ego-maniacs. I got into a pissing contest with Gary England once over accuracy; was quite a hoot. Reporting the weather is easy; it's the predicting thing they seem to struggle with. I love to see the 7 day forcast on Sunday then watch how much they change it over the coarse of the week. Heck, I can stick my head outside and report the weather that way.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I gave him a chance when he replaced Gary England, and very quickly decided I would rather stay with Damon Lane on KOCO. However, in his defense, Damon also was saying the chance of tornados was low. When the sirens started in OKC, Damon said they were sounding just for the risk of the straight line winds.

1krr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Want weathertainment? Watch Mike Morgan. Want accurate forecast? Damon Lane. I find I watch Mike Morgan (and reality tv company) and scan Damon Lane's updates when spinning stuff gets too close.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just because the chances of something happening are low it doesn't mean it won't happen.

Exactly. It's the other extreme that ticks me off like they do with winter weather...When they say something akin to "this is going to happen", or "this is going to be bad". He didn't say there wouldn't be tornados…just that the chances were low.

Just tell me the statistical probability and let me decide what actions to take.

Latest posts

Top Bottom