How do you feel about your job?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okietool

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In another thread we had a little discussion about folks working for a company they don't like and hating their job.

So let's find out.

Do you dislike the company you work for?

Do you dislike your job?

I'll go first.

No surprise here, I have a great job, I love a lot of the guys I work with and work at one of best places there is. I am exactly where I'm supposed to be and I wouldn't change it without a boat load of money ( I mean life altering boat load $2,000,000 +). And even then, it would have to be offered by the right people.

Mad CKow

Last edited:

Commander Keen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I really like my job in enterprise technical sales for a major technology company.

Money aside, I'm good at it and find the things I deal with every day to be very interesting. My opportunities to keep learning about this field are endless, as everything I learn either provides greater insight to something I already knew or opens the door to things I didn't have an awareness of before. I actually just got my first certification (SonicWALL security administrator).

Oddly enough, I DESPISED what I was previously doing and it still took my wife and a friend (who also started the same job with me) some convincing to get me to even interview because this was outside anything I had done before.

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Love my job. Working for the VA. I help fellow Vets out everyday. For every bad story you hear there are 100 great stories where Vets get what they deserve. The politics and number games DC plays annoy me but I know my small part makes a difference.

AirMech74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been at my job for 13 yrs this Aug....fixed wing/helicopter mechanic (A&P/IA), I'm contract to DHS/Customs and Border Protection...my company has changed several times over the yrs, from Raytheon Aerospace to Vertex Aerospace to L3 and now DS2, but still on the same contract....I was recently promoted to a QC Inspector....its a different pace, I have an office now, I get to work in the A/C :D, but I enjoy it....there are things I wish I could change with the company, but other than that, I can't see myself doing anything else.....been in Aviation since I went in the Navy in 93

carleb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think I have the best job in the world, for me. They have been very good to me and vice versa. However, I am mentally ready to move into the world of the retired. But, I've earned it! :)

cooljeff

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I love my job (most days), I'm a special education teacher in Moore. I have a driving passion for diversity and helping students with learning disabilities and other behavioral, social and intellectual disabilities. Today is one of those days though, where the politics are driving my anxiety. Otherwise, I have the best job in the entire world.

I'm fully exhausted everyday, that's how I know I gave them all that I had each day.

Last edited:

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I enjoy my job and I'm good at my job. I'm a programmer by trade and have been for now on 17 years. In that time, I've worked for two different companies. The first company had my total loyalty until they skipped payroll twice. I was then 'courted' by the current company I am with. I get to mix my programming, electronics and aviation knowledge all together here, allowing me to bring a unique skillset to bear on my position - and I'm rewarded for that quite nicely.

I would drop it ALL to go fly for a living, and plan to do so eventually (i already have all the FAA licenses I need). As it stands, our family has come to be quite content with our current lifestyle and that takes a specific income - which only I can provide right now. Once the wife is out of her Masters program and working (within two years), I plan on re-visiting the job I feel I was really meant for - flying. We have even worked out a way to use her skill set and mine together to start a unique company in Alaska, so that's what we're headed towards. We are serious enough to have a business plan in place to make it happen.

Oh, and as far as the people I work with. I like many, several I wouldn't piss on if they were on fire.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
I work as a technician at a John Deere dealership. I absolutely love it. It's what I love, it's something I have a passion for. The only thing about it that I would change honestly is my pay. If I did the same thing at Cat I would be making 6 bucks more an hour. But what I make now pays the bills, and keeps my belly full, so I can't really complain.

Latest posts

Top Bottom