How do you feel about your job?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blitzfike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I enjoy my job and I'm good at my job. I'm a programmer by trade and have been for now on 17 years. In that time, I've worked for two different companies. The first company had my total loyalty until they skipped payroll twice. I was then 'courted' by the current company I am with. I get to mix my programming, electronics and aviation knowledge all together here, allowing me to bring a unique skillset to bear on my position - and I'm rewarded for that quite nicely.

I would drop it ALL to go fly for a living, and plan to do so eventually (i already have all the FAA licenses I need). As it stands, our family has come to be quite content with our current lifestyle and that takes a specific income - which only I can provide right now. Once the wife is out of her Masters program and working (within two years), I plan on re-visiting the job I feel I was really meant for - flying. We have even worked out a way to use her skill set and mine together to start a unique company in Alaska, so that's what we're headed towards. We are serious enough to have a business plan in place to make it happen.

Oh, and as far as the people I work with. I like many, several I wouldn't piss on if they were on fire.

Just curious, have you experienced Alaska, especially flying in the outback? Before I got too old and health issues got in the way, I loved flying open cockpit aircraft in and out of grass fields or no fields. Alaska has its own set of dangers that are unique to anywhere else I have ever been or flown. Lots of places are totally inaccesable except by air or by snow machine in winter. There is a real need for good pilots and the support infrastructure there, but lots of danger everywhere you turn. Good luck with the dream.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like the work I do and the pay is good. I've been there for 35 years. What sucks is three of us do most of the work while the rest do crossword puzzles and play on their cell phones most of the day. The bosses know it and don't have the balls to tell them to get to work. There are times when we are waiting on parts or work to come in. These guy do what they want to even when there is work that they can do. This is the down side to unions. This is the largest adult day care site in north central Oklahoma.

bigchuck83

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like the work I do in an oil and tire shop but am tired of the lazy boss that let's people get away with not showing up or not following policy. Got 3 good workers the rest just take up space. On the plus side I get to meet some really strange customers.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can't complain about my job but after 30 years and 8 months of my blue collar job it's now time for a little 'ME' time while I can still do some of the things I enjoy......my last day is this coming Tues. the 31st.

Latest posts

Top Bottom