How do you feel about your job?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good job, and I like the guys I work with. Can't beat the hours or the pay, and I must be good at it, they keep me here year after year. Aviation, so it's up and down a lot, but it beats shoveling hot glass and breathing sand and soda.
I dislike the PC crap, but I guess any big company is gonna take the safe road these days.

One of these days, I'll get a job I really like - shooting stuff or catching catfish.

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
there are things i love about my job and there are things I hate about my job, but that can be said for any job. i've thought about other careers, but just don't know what I would want to do. /sysadmin

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love being a criminal defense attorney. Lots of variety, lots of being out and about and in the courtroom rather than behind a desk, and I get to help people and fight for the things I believe in every day. The people I have to work with (defendants, other attorneys, DAs, judges) really run the gamut. Lots of total scumbags, lots of real nice folks, and everything in between (and they're not always found where you might expect). The pay is OK -- it keeps the bills paid and lets me do what I like to do. I am just getting started -- it will get a lot better.

carleb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am a school teacher. I teach 7-8-9 Science. I have the best job in the world. BAR NONE.

For the right person (you, let's say), I think it (junior high science teacher) would be about the best job in the world. I taught school a while, but I wasn't suited to it much, so I recognized it and got out. We're all better off.

COZICAN

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't really "love" my job; it's just what I do. Been at it 27 years. Would love to do something else but the money is too good. I'll quit in a few years when I hit my magic number in my savings accounts.

Chard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Love my job. Working for the VA. I help fellow Vets out everyday. For every bad story you hear there are 100 great stories where Vets get what they deserve. The politics and number games DC plays annoy me but I know my small part makes a difference.

Great job with a lot of satisfaction. Worked at the regional office for thirty two years and retired @ 55. Wish the best to you Kyle with a successful career.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ive been self employed my entire adult working life and now Im an employer myself in several ventures that I co-own. I didnt know it at the time but I was the happiest Ive ever been back when I was young and working in our first shop and it was just me and the ex-wife working it- we were always broke but I had a blast helping our customers with their dreams and hearing their stories. It all ended when I got really bad carpal tunnel in my arm and after surgery on my arm then I developed some genetic arthritis in my main hand so I had to give up my passion and my livelihood and it sucked. I went from creating art to barely being able to write my name in cursive.

Ive always liked working and being hands on so I wont know what I will do with myself when Im finally done with it all- when the ol lady says its time for us both to retire and take her on some much needed trips then I better do what the boss says. Problem is Im not that great at just doing nothing. I guess I will do the old man thing and just have my cars and trucks to work on and play around with and go down to the farm and shoot my guns.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom