OKC Gun Club new member dues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I'm confused as to what it costs a new member to join the OKC gun club with his wife and kid. How does the work day affect the first year dues? are initiation fees paid on each of us?

If I've done my math right, it would cost me, my wife and my daughter $900 to join the first year, is this right? It can't be!

When do they accept new members? According to a recent newsok story, they only take new members twice a year - but when?

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
First year the dues are $200 plus a $100 initiation fee. Each year following the dues are $200. If you have a workday then you get a credit of $80 which makes the dues $120.

Family members do not need to join unless the will be going without the member. They go as your guest. They can also go without the member to competition shoots open to the public.

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
A gun club like okcgc isnt a business, and a successful club requires work and help and sweat way above what the minimal dues and required work days specify. We're very lucky at okcgc in that we have many members that spend many hours and put in so much effort in order for others to enjoy the benefits of the club.

I ask that folks think of our club in terms of being a group of good citizens, through whose efforts and contributions (specified and otherwise), have a great place to safely and fruitfully exercise our rights.

Hoov

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have to ditto olyeller. A club is what you make it. Personally, I hope all the new members are gung ho and volunteer as much or more than they shoot. I paid $15 to volunteer for a shoot today and will do it again. The food from Pop's was good, but the smile on the kid from Pop's face made my day. I'm just sad that the state lost the rodeo queen shoot. Damn, that was my fave...

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
No doubt, I understand what you guys are saying. I've been involved with the Territorial Marshals now for about a year and see the incredible amount of work that goes into their planning of the two large matches they put on yearly. I've helped set up and tear down for both cowboy action matches and Wild Bunch matches. Beyond this, I've not experienced the club but would love to stretch my shotgun on the skeet range and get back involved in that game.

What I'm really trying to do is understand how much it costs to buy into the club in order to partake of the other features, and when it is the best time to apply. A place to shoot is not what I'm looking for. We have about 100 acres near Crescent where we have all the possile shooting disciplines covered from shotgun to 3gun to pistol to long range rifle. But it's private. We bring the people if we want company, and it's a drive. Having access is great, feeling like we are more that just "visitors" when we come to a match is really what we're looking for. access to practice would be great and more convenient as we only live a couple miles from the OKGC grounds.

So are they currently taking members? who should I contact?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Have to ditto olyeller. A club is what you make it. Personally, I hope all the new members are gung ho and volunteer as much or more than they shoot. I paid $15 to volunteer for a shoot today and will do it again. The food from Pop's was good, but the smile on the kid from Pop's face made my day. I'm just sad that the state lost the rodeo queen shoot. Damn, that was my fave...

Absolutely true from both of these guys. ^^^^Gun clubs are groups of like mined individuals. Some are there to only take and some are there to contribute.

Those that are there to take, figure they paid their dues, and that's all they need to do to enjoy the facilities, while in the back ground those that are contributors come out to help on projects that will contribute to the ranges future success and eventual improvement in the overall growth of the range.

If it wasn't for volunteer help, the OKC Gun club wouldn't have the cowboy area, nor the USPSA area. I'm associated with the Ponca City club. Our volunteers have donated thousands of hours of tractor and human labor to build the club house, target shacks, backstops, and annual maintenance.

I shudder when I hear the excuses that "I have my kids this weekend so I can't come out."
What a great time to teach your kids that they can be involved and contribute to a facility that will give them years of enjoyment afterward.

Clubs are a small community. Get involved in your community.

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Aviator, all I can say is put in an app every 6 months. From the hearsay Ive heard, some get signed up right away and some take a while. its not a very controlled process, Ive gathered.

Hoov

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep. In the past, it was once a year around December. Lately, June has been the other month. Watch the web site, which is also new and improved. I'll ask Suzi and reply here. Or, I could give out Norfleet's cell phone number. He loves that!! Hahahaha!

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
..:What I'm really trying to do is understand how much it costs to buy into the club in order to partake of the other features, and when it is the best time to apply...

So are they currently taking members? who should I contact?

Once you pay the annual dues there is no additional cost to use any of the ranges except for shotgun (unless you are shooting in a competition). Shotgun is $3.00 / round for skeet or trap for members and family. The cost is to cover the targets. We throw 500K to 600K targets per year.

Don't know if they are taking new members right now but you can always turn in the application. They usually accept new members December / January. Depending on the number of current members, they will have additional orientation classes to accept new members. I think the current limit of membership is 2400.

Bill Norfleet can give you more information. His phone number is listed on the website. It may take a couple of days but he will call you back.

Latest posts

Top Bottom