Stoops?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bsmith918

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, considering that has been discussed in this thread, it would appear nothing. OU had a players voice get picked up by q microphone this past week on national television referring to a teammate as "my Nigga". Like it or not, context has everything to do with this argument. I've had black/white friends refer to me with white racial slurs jokingly. This doesn't bother me. If the same happened by someone in a racist way, we are going to have a serious issue. It's not just racial slurs. My friends can call me pretty much any name they wish, jokingly, and I won't get my feelings hurt. If you are not a friend and say the same thing, there is likely going to be a serious issue.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, considering that has been discussed in this thread, it would appear nothing. OU had a players voice get picked up by q microphone this past week on national television referring to a teammate as "my Nigga".

And those were black guys; I want to see what happens if two white athletes tried it.

Look, I understand the whole "context" thing, and have also joked with friends of different races about names and other things, and don't care at all about being referred to by different white slangs or other (I even have one black co-worker that refers to me as "colored" and "coon"). But I don't believe for a minute that if two white athletes referred to each other as "my nigga" on a live feed, that sh*t wouldn't hit the fan, context or not.

Honestly, I don't care about the basketball players using the name, I just don't want to have people ******** me by saying that two white guys could could call each other that, too, with no repercussions, do to "context". We all know better. Any beef I'd have over a "double standard" would be with the Mixon vs. Fraternity cases.

bsmith918

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just don't view the Mixon situation and the situation with the fraternity as apples to apples. Every situation is different and people need to understand that and quit trying to act like they aren't. I also don't think the fraternity kids should have been kicked out of school, but something very bad may have happened if they weren't. Either way, I don't feel bad for people when their mistakes/actions have consequences. I also don't want to hear people whine about it not being fair. We all know life isn't always fair.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just don't view the Mixon situation and the situation with the fraternity as apples to apples. Every situation is different and people need to understand that and quit trying to act like they aren't. I also don't think the fraternity kids should have been kicked out of school, but something very bad may have happened if they weren't. Either way, I don't feel bad for people when their mistakes/actions have consequences. I also don't want to hear people whine about it not being fair. We all know life isn't always fair.

True enough and fair enough.

Cedar Creek

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"Bob Stoops" disappeared from this thread quickly. My vote is Big Game Bob (who I like a lot) is out of here if the big house cleaning doesn't bring a big turnaround. My only bias is - I hope we don't get another Yankee coach to replace him.

Cedar Creek

Latest posts

Top Bottom