Colonoscopy???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Doc gave me morphine as I have a bad reaction to Demerol.
I remember him coming in as I was on the table and some music was playing.
He asked, "how are you doing?'
I said, "I'm OK. Not really feeling the meds though."
He said "OK, we are going to take care of that right now."

Next thing I remember was waking up in the recovery room.

Turns out, my old First Sergeant was recovering in the bay next to mine.
Really felt sorry for the nurses and our wives.

We make fun of it out of our fear of the unknown and the "uncomfortable" thoughts of the procedure.

It really wasn't that big a deal.

Dave

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Take this with no offense, and in as humorous and caring a way as possible.

Man up and take it; get it done.

The article was hilarious, there's all sorts of jokes... but cancer is no joke.

I watched cancer kill my dad for 6 months. Healthy as a horse to skin and bones in 6 months. I'd take the colonoscopy once a month to avoid it.

^^^^ Worthy of a re-quote.

I've had 3 of these since age 49, I'm now 60. I began early due to my mom being diagnosed with colon cancer that eventually killed her and had to go on a 3-year cycle for the first two procedures. As most have said, the prep is the worst thing because the meds with the procedure make it a non-memory experience.

Always enjoy Dave Barry's humor so Cohiba...just grin and bare it!!

Podman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Been there, done that. The prep is the worst part. I chose a cherry tasting gallon of the liquid and couldn't stand anything close to cherry tasting for months afterword. But
glad I had it done. I don't remember much of the actual procedure as they put you into some kind of mild anesthetic state. The doc showed me pics of my bowel afterword.
Luckily I was clean.

Kyle78

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had my first one at when I was 28. Was having bad pains on the left side of my gut. Had the Upper GI and Lower GI to see whats going on. Worst Part is the prep.
Just plan on sitting on the toilet for 2 days. Get a book, and DO NOT STRAY FAR FROM THE TOILET. Don't leave the house or anything. It will feel like a firehose coming out, I suggest baby wipes/aloe lotion. You will get raw butt.

I had 2 polyps removed. 1 was massive and pre-cancerous. It was eating its way thru my intestine wall, also got diagnosed with Colitis.
I'm going back next year for another screening. It's worth it, and I felt great after waking up. Had runny nose, and was confused for a few minutes.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've also had 3 colonoscopy procedures. Have had 2 small polyps removed each time. The prep is the worst part. First 2 had to drink the green bottle,last one had script medicine to clean out. I have to have one every 5 years.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's no big thing. Drink the chalky crap the day before. Get good drugs the morning of. Remember nothing. Fart like crazy afterwards. Also take your celebratory meal as a light one. You'll be cleaned out and have a very sensitive stomach.

Latest posts

Top Bottom