Colonoscopy???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kyle78

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My butt flow drink was prebottled and tasted pretty good. Got a choice between grape/lemon. Takes a lot like a sprite with grape flavors. Clear, and not chalky at all.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The worst part is the cleaning out procedure. You will come quite annoyed by the trips to the bathroom.

Before I was sedated for the procedure, I said to the doc, "If you find anything left of my brain in there, put it back where it belongs, OK?"

I had a couple polyps removed, and had to take some medication twice a day rectally for about a week. The 'purge' and the medication were "uncomfortable", but the worst part for me was not eating during the purge.

Woody

lkothe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Drugs knocked me out quick!! Very odd but I don't know who dressed me afterwards, fully clothed when finally aware...!
Clean out prep is the worst part....but u will be CLEAN!
MAN UP BRO!

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Get some nice soft toilet paper! They'll give you Propofoll during the procedure. You'll be able to communicate with the doctor during the procedure, but you won't remember a thing afterward.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If they tell you to drink bottles of some kind of magnesium stuff (can't remember the specific name) that you get over the counter at your pharmacy the day before, refrigerate it first. For some reason it takes some of the bad taste out of it.

I had my last one last year and when I went in, the doc told me I was going to have an endoscopy too. I asked if they were going to come in from both ends and shake hands in the middle.

They gave me my IV and injected whatever it was to put me to sleep. I remember getting fuzzy headed and then waking Up in a recovery area.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've had two now and it's a piece of cake and nothing to be worried about, no pain during (you're out) and none afterwards.

As others have said the day before "clean out" is the worst part......just stay close to a john and have a a good supply of TP available.

UnSafe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I scheduled my colonoscopy for right after I got off a 24hr ER call shift. Bowel prep with Suprep (Nasty grape flavor) while at work was a risky bet, but everything worked out fine. I was in/ out and home before lunch. I'm just glad the OR Nurses didn't draw stuff all over my ass.

Latest posts

Top Bottom