Where do atheists get their morality?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am a Christian and admit I am the least moral person I know, including you weirdos. That's why I'm a Christian. I'm jacked up, for realz. Atheists (in my mind) are Godless heathens that need to be burned at the stake.... HA! Just kidding... I don't know a thing about the original question but I think it must be from there mom or some such nonsense.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Who slaughtered the Native Americans and forced them to move? You're the one that said that it wasn't for the past 2000 years of Christianity then the world would be worse off. Well, history doesn't really relay that and I understand most christians won't admit how murderous it's followers have been throughout history. Again, consider what happened to the Native Indians, methinks it should be obvious they would've been MUCH better off without christians. How about christian men beating and murdering slaves in the south?

True, the Native Americans were much more evolved, both socially and morally. The advances in women's rights, respect for human life, treatment of prisoners of war, all were way ahead of those Christian Europeans. As for the beating and murdering slaves, I'm not sure it was just Christians involved in that, but there's plenty of evidence that blacks learned Christianity from Christians in the South, as opposed to their former native superior religions. One could even find a bit of evidence that abolitionism was a Christian endeavor.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
True, the Native Americans were much more evolved, both socially and morally. The advances in women's rights, respect for human life, treatment of prisoners of war, all were way ahead of those Christian Europeans. As for the beating and murdering slaves, I'm not sure it was just Christians involved in that, but there's plenty of evidence that blacks learned Christianity from Christians in the South, as opposed to their former native superior religions. One could even find a bit of evidence that abolitionism was a Christian endeavor.

Several religions have incorporated slavery at one point or another for sure. I'm just relaying that christianity hasn't been all sunshine and roses for 2000 years. Not even close, and we'd probably been way better off without it.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Several religions have incorporated slavery at one point or another for sure. I'm just relaying that christianity hasn't been all sunshine and roses for 2000 years. Not even close, and we'd probably been way better off without it.

I would have to disagree, but because I am a Christian, not a tribal idol-worshipping heathen, it'll be OK. I won't scalp you, or try to capture you and sell you, like some other folks would do, without the influence of Christianity.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would have to disagree, but because I am a Christian, not a tribal idol-worshipping heathen, it'll be OK. I won't scalp you, or try to capture you and sell you, like some other folks would do, without the influence of Christianity.

You may not now for sure, but christians have a long history with endorsing slavery, and again that goes back to the original point. But I'm sure they weren't "real christians" somehow. :D

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You may not now for sure, but christians have a long history with endorsing slavery, and again that goes back to the original point. But I'm sure they weren't "real christians" somehow. :D

Oh, I'm not saying I wouldn't endorse slavery. The folks doing the catching and selling weren't Christians or Europeans. The Europeans were simply re-selling.

Latest posts

Top Bottom