BIG fish ON Spoonbill

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well i drove to Kaw dam saturday morning and my son was there all night and no fish on. No water moving.
128 miles there ,, so i tried snagging and gave up and drove 168 miles to webberfalls to snag and catfish.

No catfish were hungry but after pulling my son's 1994 chevy truck out of the jeep trail we started snagging it was about 4:15 pm and less than 10 casts I had one on.. a keeper for me.. then son got one on and lost it.. then stuck another and landed it.. wife got a 65lb one also.

They were in there thick guys and girls and all were hit with less than 10 casts.. 8/0 treble hooks and 4 or 5 oz of sinker.

I even got one on my catfish pole.. it was tangled in the lines,, got free without me getting wet.. but I did spend some time barefoot in the river getting their fish. trying to not fall in.

spoonbill3-28-15 006.jpg spoonbill3-28-15 020.jpg spoonbill3-28-15 013.jpg
spoonbill3-28-15 018.jpg

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got 3 landed this nice morning and tossed them all back.. largest was 45,
I took a buddy , first time for him and he had a nice one after 3 casts, I did not even have my sinker tied on yet!!
Took 7 casts for me to land my first one and I hit one on cast 3 at the end of the swing and hit 2 on cast 6
I forgot my knife and my camera so here is a small pic of his 62" bigun that he kept..Took with his camera phone,,I do not have a phone.
OH my buddy weighs 265 for comparison.
IMG0013A.jpg
IMG0012A.jpg

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Kind of odd we have driven 15 minutes and fished for a couple hours and caught nothing.
Drive 2.5 hours and fish for 15 minutes and then drive home.. just does not seem right.

Actually fished for about 1.5 hours and went home.

It is fun but my buddy was sweating like a pig..That big one he wanted me to take over as this was his third nice one and he was switching arms.
Getting old sucks!
I did not take over for him.. made him reel it all by himself, get the full effect you know.

Latest posts

Top Bottom