BIG fish ON Spoonbill

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

indi

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nice!
I cant wait till they finish the repairs and stuff on Oologah dam. I caught a spoon bill on 8# test and a rooster tail last year. Talk about some fun.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OH man I bet that was fun.. I have snagged below lock 16 with a zebco 700 Hoss reel and a 6 foot bass rod that the tip was broken off so I used the next e7ye down for the tip..I kid you not I hooked a 72" gar,, needle nose we call it.
I did not have a scale.. but I had baggies and it went in my belly.. looking at the state record length today it makes me a bit sick.
The smaller gar's are tastier.. not so tough.

We may be going back Saturday to snag a few more.

Travis798

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice! I've been thinking about getting into spoonbill fishing but haven't yet. My Grandpa enjoyed it and caught a monster in the Salt Fork. He said it took over an hour to get her to the truck, another hour drive home, then me and a buddy went riding around with her in the back of the truck for a while before putting it on a certified scale. Ole girl weighed in at 96 lbs then. I figure a fish like that has to be fun.

Latest posts

Top Bottom