What Chronograph should I buy.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burnt Beans

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm looking at buying a chronograph I have heard a lot of complaints about different ones. Price is not a problem I don't like to buy things twice. I would like your opinions

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Glock_21

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you go with a "traditional" style of chronograph make sure and get one with a remote display. It's nice to have the display and controls right there with you instead of 5-10 ft downrange.

I have the Chrony Beta Master. It does everything that I need it to do.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
i use the alpha master with no complaints. have not checked out the magneto you guys speak of though

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
magneto speed v3.or cheaper sporter model.no more missed shots

How does it work on semi-auto pistols? ;)

I've had a Shooting Chrony, CED Millenium and Competition Electronics Pro Chrono. While the CED had the most features, setup was a hassle. I far prefer the simplicity of the Pro Chrono. If you test on a range where you have multiple shooters on the line and would have to call a cease fire to go check/reset the all-in-one types, a remote display/interface is definitely what you need. I don't, so I go to the bay, plop the unit down on a 55gal plastic barrel and shoot. Half the time I don't even need the skyscreens.

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
magneto speed v3.or cheaper sporter model.no more missed shots

This right here. Haven't bought one yet but will in the near future. Zero chance of shooting your unit. No sky screens to worry about either. Best option I've seen. Most likely order the v3 or try and find a gear junkie that has a v2 and just has to have a v3.

Sent from NSA wire tapped device.

Latest posts

Top Bottom