Hey JB, or anyone else, do you know what these are?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FullAuto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
These are about to hit the market. There are two I'm seriously interested in and possibly a third. Prices have not been set yet as the dealer and collector offering the pieces are still trying to come to an agreement.

This first one really has my interest. I can't find another with 4 stripes anywhere on the internet. From the little research i've done, when they used stripes as rank, 3 stripes was the highest. After that, stripes were for the youth armbands. But I can't find any youth armbands with 4 stripes.

[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]

FullAuto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Okay, so here is another pic with the writing turned correctly. It says "Auschwitz". There is another stamp on the other side but I can't make it out what it says. This is part of the last pic on post #2 with the blue/white stripes and red circle patch. This is 1 of the 2 I'm trying to get.
[Broken External Image]

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
The first one is very interesting. It could be either a very early SS armband, or some type of Hitler Jugend or student association armband, or maybe some type of landeslieter band. It's strange.

Next one is that of a kapo (in this case) a Jewish one. The kapos were inmate helpers of the SS guards. A lot of them were murdered by fellow inmates as the camps were liberated.

Third one is an SS medical personnel's armband. Camp doctors and nurses. I'm fairly certain. SS civilian helper armbands were yellow usually and either had an Eagle or said something like "Im Dienste der Waffen-SS." (In the service of the armed SS or Wehrmacht.)

The next one is a flight crew armband. The Luftwaffe had all kinds of armbands. This one is for keeping their own crews safe when they got shot down over German territory.

5th is an armband for people not actually in the armed forces, but performing military functions. (A doctor in service of the army, etc.)

I'll look for some of my books.

Latest posts

Top Bottom