Hummingbird 2015 thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Free Trapper

Repeat Offender
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Three of the things that assures me things are still working.

1. Hummers at our feeders every year (saw our first one about a week ago) will have 20/30 regulars when it warms up.

2. Big flocks of geese overhead...especially the snows at night that are flying low enough to hear 'em..I've jumped outta bed many times to run outside in my underwear to see if there is enough
moonlight to see 'em...yes, I live deep in the woods.

3. Occasional Eagle sighting from my deck...not too often, but happens occasionally.

4. Watching the pelicans stack over the little lake about 1 mi West of me...don't catch 'em every year, but it is fascinating when I do...they finally take off heading to the breeding grounds and I swear
I can see Gods hand over 'em, just daring someone to bother 'em.

OK, that's four...forgot about the Pelicans.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Three of the things that assures me things are still working.

1. Hummers at our feeders every year (saw our first one about a week ago) will have 20/30 regulars when it warms up.

2. Big flocks of geese overhead...especially the snows at night that are flying low enough to hear 'em..I've jumped outta bed many times to run outside in my underwear to see if there is enough
moonlight to see 'em...yes, I live deep in the woods.

3. Occasional Eagle sighting from my deck...not too often, but happens occasionally.

4. Watching the pelicans stack over the little lake about 1 mi West of me...don't catch 'em every year, but it is fascinating when I do...they finally take off heading to the breeding grounds and I swear
I can see Gods hand over 'em, just daring someone to bother 'em.

OK, that's four...forgot about the Pelicans.

You must live in my neck of the woods. I see the same things. New eagles nest on the river 1/2 mile from the house, so we see them hunting pretty regular. Two chicks in the nest.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
still only seeing a couple of females. i'm sure the males are around but they are usually more cautious.

Latest posts

Top Bottom