Hummingbird 2015 thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just saw the first one here in northeast Midwest City. I was standing in the backyard wearing a bright red shirt when I got buzzed. He did two laps around me at arms length and settled onto the feeder. Sociable little buggers…

Small, black head and a bright purple throat. Looked like a black-chinned variety…which is odd because they usually don't come this way.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
we were in Norman last weekend and my wifes aunt said she had gotten a couple. we are going to put ours out this afternoon

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Just saw the first one here in northeast Midwest City. I was standing in the backyard wearing a bright red shirt when I got buzzed. He did two laps around me at arms length and settled onto the feeder. Sociable little buggers…

Small, black head and a bright purple throat. Looked like a black-chinned variety…which is odd because they usually don't come this way.

yes, i think the black chins are only supposed to cut the sw corner of the state. we got one last year for a day or two though.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can give confirmed sighting of two in Lawton at our feeder.

Saw them yesterday (04/03/15) for the first time although I had noticed the nectar had decreased before that.

Dave

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was starting to get worried. Haven't seen any since that first rare sighting….but another one finally showed up today.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We got our first hummingbird yesterday. In the Ponca area.
Put the feeder out 3 days ago so the timing was right.
Sitting poolside right now next to the feeder. The little ruby throat has made several visits this morning.

Latest posts

Top Bottom