2015 Controlled Hunts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I were to sign up for the Elk hunt, would I still be able to sign up for the deer, antelope and turkey hunts? I've never tried for the controlled hunts before. Also, is it $5 for each hunt that you sign up for?
Thanks in advance,
Beardking

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
If I were to sign up for the Elk hunt, would I still be able to sign up for the deer, antelope and turkey hunts? I've never tried for the controlled hunts before. Also, is it $5 for each hunt that you sign up for?
Thanks in advance,
Beardking

Yep, $5 covers your entry to apply for all the hunts. Some areas, like MCAAP and Wichita Mts, will charge a hunt fee if drawn, but it's cheap...........$25 IIRC.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Took a kid on a youth draw hunt to Pushmataha years ago, quite a few birds, Jack Waymire(biologist) was great to work with at the hunt. Called in 3 different birds before he was able to finally get a shot and take a bird.

Looking at the results for most years, success isn't all that great IMO.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got drawn at Spavinaw when it was still draw-in only. Saw 1 hen, and a million deer. Sucked.

My son got drawn on a youth hunt at Cookson, saw 1 hen, a few deer and an elk. Sucked.

Never have put in for another turkey hunt.

Deer, elk and antelope are a different story....

meatGrinder

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Took a kid on a youth draw hunt to Pushmataha years ago, quite a few birds, Jack Waymire(biologist) was great to work with at the hunt. Called in 3 different birds before he was able to finally get a shot and take a bird.

Looking at the results for most years, success isn't all that great IMO.

I also had noticed after looking at past year's results that success rates were awfully low. But, I guess since it's the last in a successive draw, and for the same five dollars...what the hell? Everywhere I hunt is usually public and overrun with turkey hunters at this time of year so I figure getting a place to hunt in the spring would at least be more peaceful.

On the note of successive drawing, do I understand it right that they draw in order of elk - antelope- deer - turkey; And that if you draw one species you cannot draw any following that?

Latest posts

Top Bottom