Kydex forming help.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jedabug92

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's been awhile since I've been on here but I've decided to buy a few parts and pieces and make my own stuff.
So my question, do yall mind imparting some wisdom on a 23 yr old who is looking to form some kydex pieces?

Sent from super seret hiding position Alpha 1

Zaphod Beeblebrox

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry, I can't help you with kydex.

However, I did start making my own leather holsters a few months back. It's fun, and pretty much everything I've figured out was off Youtube vids and mistakes. They're getting pretty decent looking, and they all work well. I am almost ready to make them for other people. But, even if I never make a dime, I'm having a great time (even with the mistakes).

Just buy the stuff and start making holsters on the dining room table. It's worth it!

Okie4Life

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I made a press at home. Forming the kydex is relatively simple process. You learn a few tricks the more you do. I wasn't really sure what I was doing when I made my my first ( a double mag holster) It works great.
My only mistake was I did not put the right side (textured) of the kydex to the right side of the holster.

Oh and watch a few youtube vidoes

Good luck

Jedabug92

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I made a press at home. Forming the kydex is relatively simple process. You learn a few tricks the more you do. I wasn't really sure what I was doing when I made my my first ( a double mag holster) It works great.
My only mistake was I did not put the right side (textured) of the kydex to the right side of the holster.

Oh and watch a few youtube vidoes

Good luck
You mean smooth inside and texture out?

Sent from super seret hiding position Alpha 1

Okie4Life

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My press is simply the black foam glued to 3/4 plywood and with 2x4 on the back to add rigidity. Some guys get fancy with hinges etc, but mine is pretty simple. I use big clamps to hold it closed. I already had the clamps but you can buy anything similar at Lowes or Home Depot.

Everything I needed I bought here:
http://www.knifekits.com/vcom/index.php?cPath=41&osCsid=cl2a0eld85ejoa4nl3d8qmin33

Google Homemade kydex press and look through the images. They are all pretty much the same concept.

Latest posts

Top Bottom