Bad day on Texoma

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dieseltech09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know they say a bad day of fishing to better than a good day at work but man that was rough. We had a group of 10 people in two boats, 7 hours on the lake and only 1 fish caught in the entire group. Our guides were doing all they could and ran us all over the lake but the fish just werent doing anything. It was a nice day on the water, not to hot and plenty of sunshine but I was really hoping to bring home a mess of fish. Going back the first weekend in May and hoping it turns out to be a better trip.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Kinda of sounds like my day turkey hunting. Poured rain from 3am till noon. Hunted one of the most beautiful, pristine ranch in the middle of the flint hills in Kansas. Didn't see or hear a bird. Still had a great time though..........my tag is good through May 31st, I'll be back.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Kinda of sounds like my day turkey hunting. Poured rain from 3am till noon. Hunted one of the most beautiful, pristine ranch in the middle of the flint hills in Kansas. Didn't see or hear a bird. Still had a great time though..........my tag is good through May 31st, I'll be back.

Kind of sounds like the day I took you fishing the day after I caught a ton of fish.

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My buddy is pretty much a fair weather fisherman and hunter and seems to only like to go when it is going to be a grand slam. We have lots of those trips where I'll get lucky with the ducks, catfish or whatever, then he shows up the next trip expecting to repeat the luck and we come home empty handed. Makes me laugh a little inside.

okie362

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been fishing Texoma the past 4 days and likely will today as well. Fish were biting every day except for yesterday (Saturday). We did however manage 3 Stripers and a couple nice Crappie though. Seems the only people having a good day of it yesterday were the guys fishing the state bow fishing tournament. Some of them were literally hauling out trucks full of fish. I'm thinking the rain on Friday night turned them off.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hey, it's still a boat load of fun, right?!?!?! That's what it's all about. You WILL go back, and you WILL clean up at one time or another! I've only done it once ... took my son and my two grandsons, and we caught a limit. I don't care if we had caught NOTHING ... it was well worth the experience! I'm really glad THEY caught fish ... I don't care if I had caught nothing. ( well, OK, it was better because I caught fish, too )

Latest posts

Top Bottom