Sig Mosquito Problems....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daryl Licht

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I got mine I was pretty unhappy. It was a pump action pistol, and I had to beg pardon many times for the language I used whenever I shot it. Mine prefers Mini Mags or Super X but has done well with some Remington GB stuff, though for me the quality of Remington 22 ammo has been either superb or trash without any in-between.

Use a light oil on the slide rails, and a drop of it in the hole by the extractor. Never got anything to work with the heavier spring. Start out with it clean, it will probably get a little balky after a couple of hundred rounds, though that can improve with some use. They are more finicky than any 22 semi auto I've ever seen but can be a hoot to shoot when they work.

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought it new but I am reluctant to send it back to Sig since I have modified the ramp slightly.

Call them, tell them the problem(s) you're having. No need to mention your attempted feed ramp modification unless it's really a gross change. They should send you a shipping label so you can drop it off/request a pick up. Part of what you paid for is service and support.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rid ye self of cursed Mosquito. Please do not sell to unsuspecting OSA member. Write it off as a loss or destroy with large power tools/hammer; at least get some satisfaction from the wretched thing and at the same time, take out some frustrations. Get a S&W M&P .22 Compact and be done with it. S&W designed this gun to run well with just about any .22lr ammo. Super easy to take down and clean, very well designed and very well made. I have had a Ruger SR-22 and liked it okay, but for me, the M&P .22 Compact, made by S&W and not the full size M&P .22 which is made by UMAREX, is the ticket.

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Or... stay with Sig and get a P250-22. That way, when you want to change to a different caliber, you just swap out the slide and magazine and you have a new gun.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Or... stay with Sig and get a P250-22. That way, when you want to change to a different caliber, you just swap out the slide and magazine and you have a new gun.

Get rid of the SIG an get yourself a Ruger SR22, then you won't have any problems!!!

Have you been able run variety of 22lr through these pistols? Do they function with standard and high velocity ammunition?

CubsWin16

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had one and it was really decent about various types of ammo. It was picky at times. Seemed like the more rounds I put through it, the better it preformed

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've had both the Mosquito and the Walther. Neither had any reliability with any ammo to brag about. I've seen the SR22, but I'm hesitant to get one cause the design looks a LOT like the Walther.

Engineman1960

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was in Sportsworld Friday, they had some CCI; I had bought some ammo in Bixby (Guntech, on Memorial) they had some German Ammunition called GECO, pricey; $5 for 50 rounds -- worked excellent in everything I have -- including my Kimber 1911, .22lr; Sig has 2 different magazines for the Mosquito; a polymer magazine and a metal magazine -- I read the metal is more desirable, I have both; I would try the different ammunition route first, if that doesn't pan out for you then call Sig customer service with your results. Maybe they can offer other solutions to your problem. When I have FTF and FTE on my firearms, it is a good opportunity to work on my remedial action drill skills. Good luck!

Latest posts

Top Bottom