1951 Western Field 87-SB87-TA refinishing project. (picture heavy)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Craig3

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You answered the question I posted and I just missed it. This turned out really nice and I need to do the same thing to my old 22. Might hit you up with questions on cold blueing

MauserAl

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Catt, that is a beautiful job on the 87! I'm a big fan of the "fish gill" rimfires. (never heard them called that until I found your posts).
My best friend in high school would take his fathers Stevens 87 (I think) and I would have my Mossberg 320 single shot to go shoot squirrels. I lusted after that 87 so bad! Now, 50 years later, I have several of the 87/6a variety 22's and still enjoy shooting them! Come to think of it, he was shooting at fish one day with the muzzle a few inches in the water and split the barrel under the rear sight! I replaced the barrel for his dad 20 years ago or so.
Regards Randy, "MauserAl"

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing. When I was a boy (early 70s) I was given an old 87A that was damaged but survived a house fire. At the time I steel wooled the barrel and sanded the burnt stock and proceeded to fire thousands of very accurate rounds. Today it is still in the same condition but have thought many times about restoring it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom