Oil Earthquakes confirmed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1krr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You are living in a fantasy world if you think you and every other resident of this state have nothing to lose if the oil and gas industry were to shut it's doors here. You thought gas was expensive before just wait.

That has nothing to do with the issue. I can buy a car that uses less gas. The issue is if you damage someone else's property, you fix it.

dieseltech09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hobbes. Do you have any links to that? if that's true it's more reasonable to belive than everything else I have seen. But I do disagree with you that no one is wanting to shut down oil and gas in oklahoma. I've seen plenty of articles that were written to make it seem that way.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Love the "the science is settled" position coming from folks based on this "revelation" from the OKGS.

From the article:

Based on observed seismicity rates and geographical patterns of migrating seismicity in Oklahoma, which follow major oil and gas plays with large amounts of produced water, these rates and patterns of seismicity are very unlikely to represent a naturally occurring rate change and process

The Oklahoma Geological Survey considers it very likely that the majority of recent earthquakes, particularly those in central and north-central Oklahoma, are triggered by the injection of produced water in disposal wells

I'm no Bill Nye, but I'm pretty sure "correlation does not imply causation" is like Science 101 sh&t. Correlation might indicate a relationship, but it in no way does it "confirm" anything.

I don't have a dog in this fight, but I'd like to see actual scientific study/proof, not "we consider it likely because we looked at some charts and graphs".

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Love the "the science is settled" position coming from folks based on this "revelation" from the OKGS.

From the article:

I'm no Bill Nye, but I'm pretty sure "correlation does not imply causation" is like Science 101 sh&t.

I don't have a dog in this fight, but I'd like to see actual scientific study/proof, not "we consider it likely because we looked at some charts and graphs".
Exactly

1krr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think you can boil this down to one thing. You can read the facts as they are presented and say "Nope, not happening. Not the oil and gas industry's fault." And that is your right. Or you can read the facts and say, "seems pretty damn obvious what is going on here" and that's your right too. At the end of the day, you need to decide for yourself what the facts say and vote accordingly. That's what's left of our democracy.

Latest posts

Top Bottom