Essential Oils

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
What does the populace here know about them?

It's come up pretty strongly recently, and I'm attempting to discern between the (extreme) hype and "snake-oil" sales pitches - how appropriate here!! LOL!

Anyways, I am all for alternative treatment, or healthy living, but much of this has come across as a scam.

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
Our neighbors up the road are into Doterra essential oils. I've tried a few of them in a diffuser and am still undecided....I do like the smell of the lavender though.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've used them for muscle aches and joint pain - German Chamomile or Birch. They seem to give some relief. Also have used tea tree oil or eucalyptus for congestion and bronchitis - couple of drops in a bowl of boiling water and breath the steam. It opened up my head and chest. They have also work for allergies; Roman Chamomile was best for me.

They seem to work for me on treating symptoms of various ailments but I would opt for conventional medicine for more serious concerns.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My wife has well over $1k invested. I think they are ok for some things and ineffective for others. Calming, muscle cramps, and headache seem to work. The energy and weight loss stuff is iffy at best. Or maybe I eat too much and drink too much.

My son started kindergarten in August. The normally well behaved boy was constantly getting in trouble and was 'suspended' or sent home over 8 times from September to November. The wife started placing a blend on his feet after trying meal adjustments, counseling meetings and other corrective actions had failed to resolve the issue. He has only been to the principle's office once since November. Anecdotal, but maybe there is something to it.

Okey-Dokey

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have a person at work who uses these. Many ailments are caused by stress. If they're going to work, it's going to work on calming your stress levels first which may or may not have an effect on any physical ailments.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My son started kindergarten in August. The normally well behaved boy was constantly getting in trouble and was 'suspended' or sent home over 8 times from September to November. The wife started placing a blend on his feet after trying meal adjustments, counseling meetings and other corrective actions had failed to resolve the issue. He has only been to the principle's office once since November. Anecdotal, but maybe there is something to it.

a belt on his ass maybe more effective than oil on his feet

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Why don't you MYOB? At some point when you have a stubborn kid who's ass has been beat, his room is empty of stuff and the kid doesn't do anything but go to bed at 6pm you do start looking for alternatives. Like I said, it may not be the oils. It's anecdotal at best, but if it 'works' for him then I'm willing to try it. Am I huge proponent or 'salesman' of oil? No. But in certain instances for certain ailments for some people, there may be something to them.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Got to agree. We screwed up taking Corporal Punishment out of the Schools. Then took God out of it.

Kids are not taught to mind others outside the Family let alone inside the Family out of Respect. So the School needs to have them mind out of fear of Punishment. I shudder at the thought of what it would have been like, back when my three brothers and I were in school if we knew they couldn't have gave us licks with a paddle, and knowing we got even more at home the same day we got them at School!

We simply screwed the pooch on taking ass whippings out of the Schools.

Latest posts

Top Bottom