Essential Oils

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Erick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm another that is allergic to all the essential oils that are put into a diffuser and atomized. Since coming back down here I've been using/taking 3 tablespoons of alfalfa blossom honey everyday and it's knocked my allergies down by 75%. I buy it from a guy at the OSU-OKC farmers market. It's raw, unpasteurized from Asher. Good stuff.

I get my honey from Action Honey in Yukon. Its Raw and the source is very local. I think it's $10/pint.

Blitzfike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Perfume and Cologne make me nauseous. There is some medical term for it.

I used to work around some ladies and one guy that took a bath in that stuff every day before coming to work. I just don't understand how anybody can use that stuff, especially in high concentrations. Are they trying to hide their body odor? Lol

My Son inherited my allergies unfortunately, and when someone would pass us in a public mall with a large scent trail, he would comment that there were only a few letters different in bathe and baste...

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Perfume and Cologne make me nauseous. There is some medical term for it.

I used to work around some ladies and one guy that took a bath in that stuff every day before coming to work. I just don't understand how anybody can use that stuff, especially in high concentrations. Are they trying to hide their body odor? Lol

It's likely that daily exposure has muted their own ability to smell or detect the perfume or cologne.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just like all "natural health" movements, (especially those that are currently so en vogue), there is mis information, wild claims, and radical skeptics all over the place. Obviously there are hundreds of essential oils and they have been used for hundreds and maybe even thousands of years by various cultures. Anyone who just automatically claims they are a scam is amazingly arrogant and dismissive of entire civilizations who've built much more than any forum troll ever will. It is not some "big secret" and there are plenty of studies on various oils that show things such as anti-microbial activity. It is a fact that certain essential oils kill bacteria and such...it is proven.

Having said that, it doesn't mean that essential oils would do everything somebody claimed they would when used on or in the human body. My wife and I have a diffuser and we put 10 drops of the generic theives oil in it and put it in the kids's rooms all night to let them breathe it in and to sanitize the room when they are sick. They seem to get well much faster from most common colds and respiratory infections. There is certainly no harm in it, but I am not currently all hard-core into mixing my own oils and putting it in carrier oils, etc...I usually just buy products that have them already mixed in for anythign beyond diffuser use. For example, there are some good chest rubs that are alternatives to Vicks and some good pain rubs that are alternatives to Deep Heat or Icy Hot. One of the BEST for that is OLBA's oil...the stuff is amazing for clearing nasal passages, chest, and for sore muscles...

I tried to give a fair assessment and am expecting attacks from the usual crew who will ignore any fairness and treat me as if I think essential oils cure cancer LOL...The truth is, I am not an expert on them, but I do believe they have usefulness for people and are probably less harmful than chemical medicines but should not be used to ignore conventional treatment when it is warranted. Just watch out for radicalism on both sides of the issue and you'll be okay.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife is a Young Living oil lady. It's changed our lives especially with the kid's allergies. Our old pediatrician had them on medicine daily. We haven't used zyrtec in almost 2 years. There are some that I am skeptical about but I've seen others work and work well.

When you can replace synthetic medication with real stuff, there is something worth trying.
Can you share the secret for EOs for allergies? I suffer from allergies terribly and the wife is just recently getting into EOs but doesnt know yet what to use for allergies.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Can you share the secret for EOs for allergies? I suffer from allergies terribly and the wife is just recently getting into EOs but doesnt know yet what to use for allergies.

Try searching the web for essential oil and allergies. There is a lot of free information out there; much of it matches closely with information I've seen in books. Roman Chamomile is a common choice for allergies, used alone or as part of a blend. I've diluted it to 10 % in a carrier oil and massaged in the sinus area and forehead. Do this in the late evenings unless you want to walk around with an oily face for a couple of hours. I've also used it in an inhaler where it was blended with other oils. I get noticeable relief from springtime allergies with this stuff.

Erick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

She started out with Lemon, Lavender and Peppermint. Diluted with some coconut oil, put on the chest. There is a pretty significant difference of quality between some of the distillers apparently. If you have any questions, PM me and I'll try and get some answers. She's very knowledgable.

Latest posts

Top Bottom