Anyone doing the OKC Memorial?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Anyone running today? Wife and daughter running this morning.

i1085.photobucket.com_albums_j434_btenn1_20150426_060328_zps1ibrhhpk.jpg

Blitzfike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Watched Son do the half this morning, If you want a good spot to watch from, I suggest taking a sleeping bag out the night before.. Massive traffic jams and no parking anywhere. We ended up going back and parking in the Myriad underground lot and walking back up to the finish line.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Emily Sutton sang the National Anthem............ you guys missed out. We got there at 5:30, still parking available about a block NW of the Memorial at that time. Lot's of people.......amount of trash left by spectators was sickening, I guess it's a problem every year from what I was told. Crowd at the finish line was 20x that of the starting line.

jrusling

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was there at one of the Medical Stations providing communications. If you have your license and a handheld you can volunteer next year. It is a way to help even if you cannot or don't want to run.

1911Sooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Emily Sutton sang the National Anthem............ you guys missed out. We got there at 5:30, still parking available about a block NW of the Memorial at that time. Lot's of people.......amount of trash left by spectators was sickening, I guess it's a problem every year from what I was told. Crowd at the finish line was 20x that of the starting line.

Emily Sutton is also in this months issue of Popular Mechanics!

Latest posts

Top Bottom