Man shot and killed by trooper after fleeing driver's license checkpoint in Miami, OK

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Off topic: They're sending cops in to Baltimore and they are getting beat by the "people". Someone is going to die in this one.

I didn't catch the whole quote but apparently the mayor said that it was okay for protesters to break stuff ... that destroying property is within their First Amendment right ... I'll see if I can find the quote and post it ... if I can't find it, please don't shoot me! ;) because it's possible I misunderstood.

I don't see how that benefits the regular people of Baltimore ... seems to me like they are gonna be prisoners in their homes, just like what happened in Ferguson when people couldn't go to school or work ...

Found it ...
http://www.knst.com/onair/garret-lewis-41270/video-baltimore-mayor-admits-they-set-13537867/

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
From what I have read, the man fled the checkpoint in a car and then stopped a few block later and exited, facing the trooper with a gun. There really isn't much of a choice for a trooper at that point. My cousin is the trooper.
That sucks. My brother with the assistance of the cop himself put a cop in that position. Not fair to the cop at all.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
“What she is saying within this statement was that there was an effort to give the peaceful demonstrators room to conduct their peaceful protests on Saturday. Unfortunately, as a result of providing the peaceful demonstrators with the space to share their message, that also meant that those seeking to incite violence also had the space to operate. The police sought to balance the rights of the peaceful demonstrators against the need to step in against those who were seeking to create violence.

The mayor is not saying that she asked police to give space to people who sought to create violence. Any suggestion otherwise would be a misinterpretation of her statement.”
http://fusion.net/story/126587/the-...ltimore-protesters-space-to-destroy-property/

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"... We gave those who wish to destroy space to do that as well ..." is a direct quote from the clip I posted ... if you listen to the entire clip she clearly states that she does instruct the police to allow the destruction of property ...

If I was a law-abiding, working citizen of that city and ANYTHING that belonged to me was destroyed, or I was unable to get into or out of my neighborhood to work or care for my kids, I would be filing suit ...

People who are looking to destroy property have NO rights enumerated in the First Amendment. They need to be arrested and go to jail ... I'm pretty sure that there is not a single, solitary person here is willing to offer their own personal property up for wholesale destruction so some ingrate can destroy it in order to feel better ...

Certainly not me ... any volunteers??

Last edited:

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"... We gave those who wish to destroy space to do that as well ..." is a direct quote from the clip I posted ... if you listen to the entire clip she clearly states that she does instruct the police to allow the destruction of property ...

If I was a law-abiding, working citizen of that city and ANYTHING that belonged to me was destroyed, or I was unable to get into or out of my neighborhood to work or care for my kids, I would be filing suit ...

People who are looking to destroy property have NO rights enumerated in the First Amendment. They need to be arrested and go to jail ... I'm pretty sure that there is nor a single, solitary person here is willing to offer their own personal property up for wholesale destruction so some integrate can destroy it in order to feel better ...

Certainly not me ... any volunteers??

And you'd lose the suit. It's been repeatedly that police have no generalized duty to protect you (or your property). You're free to sue the actual offenders, of course, but they're likely judgment-proof anyway.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And you'd lose the suit. It's been repeatedly that police have no generalized duty to protect you (or your property). You're free to sue the actual offenders, of course, but they're likely judgment-proof anyway.

I'm not talking about using the city for not providing protection. I'm talking about suing her for clearly inciting illegal activity ... it would be interesting. Given the long-standing problems this neighborhood has had I wonder if class-action status could be obtained ... then we could be sure that a bunch of lawyers would get rich and the rest of us would still have to fight with the insurance companies over the definition of "Act of God" ... :(

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The local LE's here get paid overtime just to come in and do these random checkpoints on a volunteer basis.
I dont agree with them if they have time to be on a checkpoint then they have time to patrol the neighborhoods looking for people causing trouble instead of sitting somewhere taking a nap on their regular paid time.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
"Random" checkpoints are stupid.

Exiting a vehicle while brandishing a gun after a police pursuit is stupid.

Living in a liberal cesspool like Maryland is stupid.

Anyone who disagrees with these logical observations has a constitutional right to be wrong. ;)

Latest posts

Top Bottom